• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy in the video is Steve at Bedos leatherworks. You can google the shop. He does stellar work and I have had him do three projects now. He may be a few dollars more, but I have found that you frequently get what you pay for. I have heard that B Nelson also does very good work, but I do not have a personal experience with him. As for Steve, you can see him in the back row, third from the left holding the largest award from the Shoe Service Industry of America. It was for shoe rehabilitation. Hard to go wrong with such a craftsman.

View attachment 1060943

Steve says he can most likely repair it no issue, about $90 I have to send the shoes to him so he can see them to evaluate. So he seems to be the best option and cost seems ok to me.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Wednesday. Rancourt x Ralph Lauren Natural Shell Cordovan Penny Pinch Loafers. JCrew Navy Anchor Socks. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers. Ben Silver Whiskey Shell Cordovan Belt.

Rancourt Natty Shell Penny Pinch Loafers - 2018-10-24 - 1.jpg

-Mike

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday. Rancourt x Ralph Lauren Natural Shell Cordovan Penny Pinch Loafers. JCrew Navy Anchor Socks. Epaulet Antique Gray Cross-Hatch Tropical Wool Walt Trousers. Ben Silver Whiskey Shell Cordovan Belt.

View attachment 1061351

-Mike
Super!

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Cross post from the C&J appreciation thread.

Hi guys.

We started a GMTO for Brown Shell Lindrick in the C&J GMTO thread. We need 3 more participants to make it to 12. We could do more than 12 for back ups.

Here are the specs.; not finalized on the sole and lacing. Seems that most are going with the majority.

Style: Lindrick
Last: 325
Width: E
Leather: Shell
Color: Brown
Lacing: all eyelets or 4 eyelets and 4 speedhooks
Sole: Dainite or Double Leather
Welt: Storm
Edge finish: Antique
Pull tab: ?

Please enter your name and preferences in the Spreadsheet if you are interested (link below).

Spreadsheet

Thanks

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have lusted for the EG Galway in shell. But not keen to pay the $2K price tag. This is your opportunity. Basically the shell is being added for free.

@morsepoint is offering the opportunity to pick up a pair of EG shell at around $1600 US. I for one am encouraging this makeup
190059A7-E364-40BB-818A-7C3BBD0AACC3.jpeg

Only two more are needed (3 total is all he requires), 70% down now, bal due in 12-14 weeks or so.
Here’s my proposed makeup:
Whiskey upper
matching color Utah shaft
82 Last
Purple Lining
HAF Sole
with or without Metal Toe Taps.
with or without pull tabs

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass

8D433E93-1382-4CDD-BAD3-B9A33135D972.jpeg
F131769C-CB67-4DE7-BDF7-1A30C3669F8C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics