• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

esqblackbook

Reaction score
I think that many people excuse them because they have the brand name Wolverine, which are generally mass produced leather boots which are made at the Wolverine factory, but the 721 ltd and 744 ltd are not only made in a separate factor, but they are made by Allen Edmonds who is one of two shoe companies who are experts in working with cordovan (other being Alden). In my opinion, these two boots are of even a higher quality than Allen Edmonds regular stock (Dalton's, etc.)

I have Alden's, Vibergs, Tricker's, Carmina's, Allen Edmonds and some others in cordovan and the Wolverine LTD 744 and 721 are, in my opinion, the most well made of the lot.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A rare C&J Longwing, and even more rare in whiskey shell, MTO for Japanese Market found on Rakuten:

"Cheviot" model - 335 Last

5271823101_shohin3.jpg

cheviot_whis_1.jpg

cheviot_whis_2.jpg

cheviot_whis_4.jpg

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple picking with the lady friend over the weekend. Bostonian PTB in #6?

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Carmina navy cordovan Uetam last

Shiny

Reaction score
Florsheim Imperial PTBs on Columbus Day:

Shiny

Reaction score

Nice shoes man, but do they fit?  Looks like nearly an inch of gap behind your heel.

Fit fine. I'm a little contorted sticking my hand out, bending sideways and trying to snap a pix with an iphone. Thanks.

The7Ups

Reaction score
Looks like Herring Shoes are no longer holding stock of Church's Grafton and Shannon in Burgundy Crup (Cordovan).

They've added the limited sizes they have left to the sale and seconds section which you can access from the home page

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/

There seem to be more Graftons than Shannons, none that I can see in UK7 to UK8.5 but there are some smaller sizes and UK9s and larger. Still pricey at 425GBP inc VAT but decent discount from the RRP of 575GBP.

Warning: the picture they use for Grafton is not the current version of the shoe, the image is of the previous Church 100 last that Prada introduced when they took over the company. Prooved unpopular even though it really suited Grafton, and was replaced by the current 173 last which is the last version Herrings are actually selling.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with Brunello Cucinelli shell cordovan shoes?? They look pretty good but man are they expensive $1,800-2,000. Are they worth that kind of scratch? If not, what would be the appropriate price range. I saw some nice looking whiskey, burgundy, and ravello-like shell on sale (PTB's and Cap Toe Blucher) at an outlet store for about $1,000 each. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E Macneils:

nosrep123

Reaction score
As someone looking to get his first pair of cordovan shoes in plain toe blucher style or chukka boot, is it a bad idea to order a $640 Carmina shoe online internationally (shipping included) with only a rough estimate of size? I dont need a very proper fit, and I don't really like the clunky toes and lasts of the cordovan shoes made here in the US.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone here have experience with Brunello Cucinelli shell cordovan shoes??  They look pretty good but man are they expensive $1,800-2,000.  Are they worth that kind of scratch?  If not, what would be the appropriate price range.  I saw some nice looking whiskey, burgundy, and ravello-like shell on sale (PTB's and Cap Toe Blucher) at an outlet store for about $1,000 each.  Thanks in advance...

photos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads