• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I was hoping you guys might be interested to hear of a new cordovan venture we have entered into with two English manufacturers. Using English cordovan we have developed a number of styles with Barker and Cheaney. The Barker styles are currently available from our website (see the link to Edward and James in my signature - this is our own brand). The Cheaney styles are very exciting - there are two boots on their way - but we are currently waiting for enough cordovan in order to start the production run.

We are also planning to visit the tannery later this year - we will of course post the details to our sponsor's thread.

As fans of cordovan, I hope you find this post of interest.

Thank you for your time.

Mike
edwardandjames-calvay-9154_hd.jpg

Mike, the link isn’t showing up in your sig

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Ohhh, it’s those shoes. Come on man, don’t put that kind of a carrot out in front of a youngster like flipstah. Those are probably a once in a lifetime find. If you ever find something that good again, I’ll be suspicious you’re making deals with the devil.

Man, those things are just beautiful.

Yeah I got pretty lucky with those. I think the original store they were made for has been out of business for decades and some guy either found them in a yard sale / thrift store or never wore them (and wanted to move them quick so had them at a relatively really low price). I think good buys appear once in a while on the usual sites (SF, eBay, Grailed) but you have to be patient. As an example there are few Marlow tassel cordovan on eBay for $400 to $500 right now and some guy is selling the J Crew Alden Cordovan offerings for around $550 on the Alden thread. Obviously everything has to sync up but if you are not in a hurry sometimes it is worth browsing for a bit. And sometimes you bite the bullet and pay full price.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, the link isn’t showing up in your sig

I don’t think signatures show up on the mobile version of the site. I will remember this in future!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A couple years ago you used to be able to find amazing deals on Vass shell. I found my Vass Ravello loafers for $400 NIB with the trees here on the forum. Once in a while you still find good deals. I got these below for $350 + Shipping NIB too from a one-off seller. is an old discontinued model but it is shell and actually think is a cool loafer.

Patience is your best virtue especially if you have way too many shoes. I still pay full retail for some of the shoes but like the bargain hunting of the forum and eBay

View attachment 925528
love this loafer. and great vass shell loafer too.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think signatures show up on the mobile version of the site. I will remember this in future!
They do, but only when oriented in landscape, not portrait. So, next time, try turning your device sideways!

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got pretty lucky with those. I think the original store they were made for has been out of business for decades and some guy either found them in a yard sale / thrift store or never wore them (and wanted to move them quick so had them at a relatively really low price). I think good buys appear once in a while on the usual sites (SF, eBay, Grailed) but you have to be patient. As an example there are few Marlow tassel cordovan on eBay for $400 to $500 right now and some guy is selling the J Crew Alden Cordovan offerings for around $550 on the Alden thread. Obviously everything has to sync up but if you are not in a hurry sometimes it is worth browsing for a bit. And sometimes you bite the bullet and pay full price.

Unless those are exotics, those aren’t great prices. #8 regularly shows up at those prices.

But yeah you’re right, if one is very patient and quite diligent, the gems can be found.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Alden...l-strap-Penny-Loafer-0329-10-A-C/222585060167

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a great price, of course those aren't even in the same universe, in terms of the shape @elsalvatrucha found his.

Although I have to say, if those were my size, I'd snatch em up and send them to the factory for recrafting. And I never buy used shoes; but I really like the styling of this shoe, it's a perfect loafer to me. The sewn apron on the typical penny loafer, just doesn't sit well with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads