• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone give me their thoughts on Bb peal cordovan boots?quality?compare to others?anything would be a help making a decision to keep or not, thank-you in advance for your help

If you are referring to the captoe boot with a Danite sole, they are made by Crockett and Jones and are very nice. Would not pay full price for them, but when on sale they are a great value.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need advice guys. What's 'cordovan calf'? It was labeled as the material on a pair of ferragamo chelsea boots I found. Also, it didn't feel like cordovan.
Just a dark burgundy coloured calf.

Shiny

Reaction score
Wearing my Florsheim Imperial PTBs today. Indoor, flash pix.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those Florsheims look great!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If these are MTO why has that right foot got a crease 10mm into the toe cap area?

MTO only means you choose the last shape, color and other items. It doesn't mean it will fit perfectly. Furthermore, IMHO even a perfect fitting shoe would show a crease from walking.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the captoe boot with a Danite sole, they are made by Crockett and Jones and are very nice. Would not pay full price for them, but when on sale they are a great value.
They no longer come with a Dainite sole, instead they come with the Leather sole.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pair of Rider Boots in Walnut Cordovan.

Should be here next week.

Picture from J Gilberts Web-site.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

xpoast from rock your socks thread.

Crockett and Jones.

These are most well matched pair of shell shoes that I own. The clicker did a wonderful job of arranging the pieces so that they shade perfectly and consistently from shoe to shoe.

cant get enough of this model. love it

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ordered a pair of Rider Boots in Walnut Cordovan. Should be here next week. Picture from J Gilberts Web-site.
awesome. could I ask how much they set you back?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
beautiful boots, man. speaking of which, i just purchased my first AE boot, coincidentally what appears to be the same color - walnut shell cordovan.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beautiful boots, man. speaking of which, i just purchased my first AE boot, coincidentally what appears to be the same color - walnut shell cordovan.
Awesome, Congrats!!!

These are the ones that got me started on my search for a pair of walnut cordovan boots in the first place. By the time I found out about them, they were no longer availible. I soon found the pair from Rider on J Gilbert, but at the time I figured if I were to spend that much I would first want to get a pair of EG Galways.

Well my Galways are on the way, so I figured I would go ahead and get the Riders before they were gone as well. The gal at J Gilbert actually told me that Ron hasn't been able to get walnut shell for the longest time. I wouldn't be surprised if they still didn't have some given the price, but it did sound like they didn't have too many.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great boots. Shell Daltons are head and shoulders above anything else AE offers.

emptym

Reaction score
I don't think I ever posted these here, a special order from Alfred Sargent: These are my third and probably last pair of shell boots. Pics of the other two, by DW Frommer and Riderboot, are here, from earlier in this thread.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads