• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The sellers of the "unofficial SF" Aquascutum pocket square bring you Paul Smith

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6601&rd=1&rd=1

I just bought one. In white cotton with a simple stripe pattern on the side (rather than the too busy or naked lady PS patterns I don't like) and coming in at $13 with shipping to the US (less for UK), it's worth it imo. In a sealed package with ribbon, it's great for gifting too. Those that bought the other handkerchief, which they still have for sale, know the sellers are honest and reliable.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
cool. i actually got one of those last year on ebay for $11 shipped (and it miraculously arrived in 2 days). I really like it, esp when folded so you can kinda see the striped bit peeking out from the back of the tv fold.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
GS, is the edge handrolled?

As far as I can tell from looking at other Paul Smith squares, I'd have to say no. That said, the machine-stitched edges I have seen were much better finished than on the Aquascutum square.

When I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing any cotton squares with handrolled edges. I could be wrong but it seems that only linen and silk squares have handrolled edges. Perhaps because cotton squares are usually intended for use as handkerchiefs i.e. for blowin' not for showin'

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think this is a nice gift for someone who's beginning to have to put on a suit for various non-work activities and someone you want to give a first pocket square to? I figure you can treat it as an ordinary white square for TV fold purposes but fold it some other way to dress down a suit and white shirt.

Thoughts?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Do you think this is a nice gift for someone who's beginning to have to put on a suit for various non-work activities and someone you want to give a first pocket square to? I figure you can treat it as an ordinary white square for TV fold purposes but fold it some other way to dress down a suit and white shirt.

Thoughts?

It would make a nice gift but for a first pocket square, I think something in linen or silk would be more appropriate than cotton.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just got one for myself. She'll soon make a living selling pocket squares to SFers, ha ha.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received mine and they are quite nice. The edges are indeed machine-stitched but are better finished than the Aquascutums. The cotton is also softer and nicer. Great packaging and fast shipping from very nice and honest eBay sellers.
thumbs-up.gif

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What folds do you think would work with this?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
What folds do you think would work with this?

Well, I don't think you can do a puffy fold with cotton like you would with silk (I don't do it with linen either) so it has to be a straight tv-like fold, which I prefer in most situations anyway. You could also do one of those point or multi-point folds but again, I'm a straight fold kinda guy.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have photos? I gave such a square as a gift to a student who just had a couple of suits made, and I told him about doing a TV fold with the white part or the stripes showing. Is a points fold possible given the pattern is only on one side?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The friend I gifted with the Paul Smith SF square wore it to a (not particularly formal) suit event tonight. Success.

Anyone found some kind of fancier fold for showing off the colored stripes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads