• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The search for the right pants

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get a pair of Pants that are black and slim kind of like Dior Homme's except cheaper. What a good place to look at for a pair? They would be for casual wear like a button down shirt tucked in or not and a pair of Black PS Shoes.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Im looking to get a pair of Pants that are black and slim kind of like Dior Homme's except cheaper. What a good place to look at for a pair? They would be for casual wear like a button down shirt tucked in or not and a pair of Black PS Shoes.

Try Icotex. I love my first pair of grey wool Icotex pants.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Try Icotex. I love my first pair of grey wool Icotex pants.

This. My medium gray pair is so awesome ;]]

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I find them? Cant seem to find them when I google it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's spelled Incotex

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
They dont seem very slim fitting.

I don't know anything about the different lines they may have, but mine are very slim-fitting.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox has Incotex, and while they are nice pants, I would only buy them at deep discount. Also, the cuts vary but they are generally not all that slim, not Dior skinny anyways.

Tons of brands make skinny black pants. What fabric? What price range? Our own Michael J Krell makes some slim black/navy chinos that seem nice.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah try shot MJK a pm. I think it has been a while since he made any black chino.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I want something Close to what the Dior Homme Pants are like for $250 or less preferably. Also something between a 17.5CM leg opening and 19CM

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your budget is $250, why not buy actual Dior Homme pants? They can regularly be found on Yoox in that price range (charcoal, not black - even more versatile). Example: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...S&sts=sr_men80 With all the sales going on at this time of year, you would think it wouldn't be that hard to pick up a pair of 50% off Dior pants. Come on, be a little resourceful here, if that's what you really want.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
If your budget is $250, why not buy actual Dior Homme pants?

They can regularly be found on Yoox in that price range (charcoal, not black - even more versatile).

Example:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...S&sts=sr_men80

With all the sales going on at this time of year, you would think it wouldn't be that hard to pick up a pair of 50% off Dior pants. Come on, be a little resourceful here, if that's what you really want.

What's good about Dior Homme pants? I thought black is a more versatile color than charcoal.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
You can always get a cheaper pair of pants that fits properly on the top block, then spend $15 to alter the legs to your desired specifications. I do this often with pretty much all of my pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads