1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Schmuck (ehemm WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) Who Gave Jeter His Ball Back

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NewYorkIslander, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Could you translate his sentence into English, since you seem to understand it?

Edit: Minor League baseball is really fucking fun. I'd much rather take my kids to 9 minor league games, and 1 MLB game (just for a taste) then only MLB games.

Not sure if its head and shoulders above MLB, but the Minor League ballparks and games (IMO) do offer better promotions and accessiblity to players (who tend to sign autos and baseball without nagging). If you're a prospector its good to get down to some A and AA games. Also its a good opportunity to see guys on rehab assignments you may not get to see in the majors.

2. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

The little dear is twelve today. Seriously, if I had a kid, I would take him to minor league games. They are really fun. I am reiterating this for those of you who have decided to become good little breeders.

It is fun, I grant that. A few years ago, the blOwrioles AA affiliate (Bowie Baysox) played a season or two at Memorial Stadium (the O's old stadium before they moved to Camden Yards) and as high schoolers a bunch of us from the baseball team went to watch a few games.

We sat right above the dugout. I remember one of my teammates bumming some chew from one of the players.

In hindsight, that sort of seems like an iammatt kind of story, except the chew would be coke and the player would be Joe Montana or something.

Happy Birthday to your dog, btw.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

This shows you also do not really understand the concept of "supply and demand," although you clearly think you do. Also, something tells me you would be against price discrimination, based on the concept's title alone.

4. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

Looks like kharma's working in the kid's favor. Modell's and Steiner sports each pledged $25k to the kid, Modell's also kicked in a lifetime discount, and steiner (or Modell-forgot which) gave the kid a 2009 world series ring worth 40k

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Miller also said they'd pick up his tax bill. Did anyone really think that someone wasn't going to do that? It is just great PR and you get a customer for life

6. edinatlanta

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does anybody remember this abortion of a thread?

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

*never forget*

9. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The SF archives are awesome

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

This was a gem.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

i recently went to a baseball game for about $40, including a hot dog. :fu:

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did you get a jersey with NYR on the back?

13. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Someone needs to make a baseball out of pink cashmere. It could become the official SF souvenir.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  14. edinatlanta

Its Douche of the Year season and everyone needs to be reminded of NYI's utter idiocy and shame him for it.

[​IMG]