The Scariest Movie Ever Made?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by francine, Dec 14, 2006.

1. ken

ken Banned by Request

The scariest movie ever made was probably the first one. "The pictures... they're coming ALIVE!"

2. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

The scariest movie ever made was probably the first one. "The pictures... they're coming ALIVE!"

[​IMG]

Not the first movie, but apparently shocking in its day.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I'd say the only time I left a movie theatre squeamish was after watch Event Horizon. Of course, I went in thinking it was a sci-fi, not a horror film.

Jacob's Ladder and Candyman scared me too but I was much younger when those came out.

Planet of the Apes was a horror film? According to the list it was.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

If, hypothetically speaking, you had watched Phantasm stoned and drunk as a teenager, and then had to walk home in the dark, it'd be way up the list. At least, I imagine that would be the case.

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The Excorsist and Fear of Clowns

6. tiecollector

If, hypothetically speaking, you had watched Phantasm stoned and drunk as a teenager, and then had to walk home in the dark, it'd be way up the list. At least, I imagine that would be the case.

Yes, highly hypothetical. [​IMG]

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

The scariest movie I've ever seen that wasn't meant to be a horror movie - Trekkies.

Great choices tiecollector! Good call on Event Horizon, its was scary, but it also sucked. I don't think I've ever jumped out of my seat that many times in a theater.

I'm especially fond of the Hellraiser series...

8. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

i had a minor freakout watching thx1138, but that might have been the cough syrup.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

10. tiecollector

The scariest movie I've ever seen that wasn't meant to be a horror movie - Trekkies.

Great choices tiecollector! Good call on Event Horizon, its was scary, but it also sucked. I don't think I've ever jumped out of my seat that many times in a theater.

I'm especially fond of the Hellraiser series...

I loved Trekkies, Galaxy Quest too. If you thought Trekkies was scary maybe you should try watching American Movie. I don't know what to think of Event Horizon, it was just creepy as hell (people pulling out their own eyes etc), I wasn't exactly analyzing the storyline while jumping out of my seat. The premise was cool, which is why I went to go see it, but little did I know what I was in for...

11. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Exorcist 3 is actually pretty scary too. It has two scenes that are just creepy as hell - the old woman crawling on the ceiling and the hallway scene. Just really well done. The rest of the movie is pretty unremarkable.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I loved Trekkies, Galaxy Quest too. If you thought Trekkies was scary maybe you should try watching American Movie. I don't know what to think of Event Horizon, it was just creepy as hell (people pulling out their own eyes etc), I wasn't exactly analyzing the storyline while jumping out of my seat. The premise was cool, which is why I went to go see it, but little did I know what I was in for...
    See, Galaxy Quest was a sci-fi-comedy. Trekkies is a documentary. Seriously. Completely different things. Do you ever stand out on your balcony and look north, imagining that you can see Brent Spiner's house from where you live, and just take a "Brent Break"??? If I were Brent Spiner, Or any of the cast of Star Trek, I would be scared out of my mind.

13. alan

alan Senior member

Omen I and Rosemarys baby come to mind. "Irreversible" (in french) isnt a horror movie but is extremely disturbing to watch. featuring the lovely Monica Belluci too. Most people i know couldnt sit through it!

14. tiecollector

See, Galaxy Quest was a sci-fi-comedy. Trekkies is a documentary. Seriously. Completely different things. Do you ever stand out on your balcony and look north, imagining that you can see Brent Spiner's house from where you live, and just take a "Brent Break"??? If I were Brent Spiner, Or any of the cast of Star Trek, I would be scared out of my mind.
    Yeah Galaxy Quest was different genre, I just thre it in there because it is really good. I need to go rent Trekkies and watch it again (this time not in a room full of people talking) because I don't remember the Brent Break. I've often been accused of looking like Brent Spiner. If you want to see a strange movie, go watch Gummo (another movie I had no idea what I was in for).

15. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

alan, i've been trying to think of "irreversible" to put on my rental queue, but the name kept escaping me------thanks!!!

gummo is a good rec. and glad to see rubber johnny on here.

the face surgery scene in "eyes without a face" made my wife avert her eyes... that's rare.