• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sartorialist

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akaidiot
I had to bump this thread - this is the best picture I've seen on his site and it left me kind of speechless. I know this is a men's style site and everything, but this woman's outfit is so great. I love the cardigan underneath the jacket, how it's a bit too tight, the earrings, the button down collar, the tie bar (not to mention her hair). The Sartorialist says in the comments that she works at Bergdorf? Can anyone tell if the suit is Thom Brown? If so, like another commenter says, he should abandon men's clothes.

Larger version if you click on the picture here - it won't let me use the larger version in the post.

Wsuitedweb.jpg

I don't like that handbag. It looks like an after-thought, and slightly cheap.

A large oversized clutch would look better. For extra effort, perhaps a dangling cigarette in the mouth.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Birkin from Hermes is still the reference...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The € 10k reference. Double it for phoque
smile.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No pain ,no gain...A referenceor an icon is only a reference if it is hard to get...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
No pain ,no gain...A referenceor an icon is only a reference if it is hard to get...
I used to have the bag on which the Birkin was based on. It's called the Hermes Haut a Courroies, and was apparently used to hold riding boots.

Mine was in canvas and leather.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I saw this earlier today - it is one of the best outfits I've seen on the Sartorialist - wonderful modern spin on a suit.
worship2.gif

I wonder how the tune will change that everyone knows it is Thom Browne.

Doesn't change my tune at all - though I'd incorrectly guessed Black Fleece rather than TB itself.

Originally Posted by iammatt
Also looks good here:

bvgreydb.jpg

The buttons are an inspired choice.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This guy is very creative..The ticket pocket on a DB ..Simple but great...

I'm going to see Luca Rubinacci for my other sb charcoal suit and i'm thinking of a tailored db in mid-grey....

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
This guy is very creative..The ticket pocket on a DB ..Simple but great...

This is indeed impressive and how he thought of that is beyond me. Sometimes the innovative talents of creative geniuses have to just be admired with awe. I have seen ticket pockets on SB coats before, and even on other DB coats before, but to put a ticket pocket on this particular DB coat was inspirational.

Thorn Proof

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I see a knowing sadness, with regret for a time past when love was more than just a fleeting moment and the joy of two soaring intellects had not yet been brought to ground by the cruel talons of overwrought convention.

But that is just me.

Sorry Dude, but I am stealing your line...look for it to be published in part, in song in the not to distant future.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Your TB girl is HOT.
...and impeccably dressed to boot.

Shes not that hot in person. I've seen her on the 3rd floor in BG all the time.

DL

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20

DL

Sharp knees?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20

DL

I'm sorry that you have no taste.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm sorry that you have no taste.

Ooooo nice attitude "SoCal"

being that I am the one who actually likes vaginas why don't I yield to you when assessing man a$$ in tight jeans and you let me give my impressions on females as I wish

I didn't say she was ugly, I just said she was far from gorgeous. For the record she is far more pleasant to deal with than the rest of the creepy male staff up there that undress you with their eyes.

DL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads