Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Sartorialist/ Bergdorf Goodman "Must Have" List

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Sartorialist, Apr 15, 2006.

1. The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist Well-Known Member

Tommy Fazio, the new Fashion Director at Bergdorf Goodman, put together a "must have" list for spring/summer shopping,

I posted it at The Sartorialist http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

2. Soph

Soph Senior member

Those are solid recommendations. I'm suprised, I was expecting more fashionista recommendations.

3. The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist Well-Known Member

Tommy use to work at Hickey Freeman before Bergdorf so he may be more grounded in some of his suggestions

4. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

They are rather "safe" recommendations, although I take issue/question two of the points.

1-I really can't imagine wearing wing tips without socks. Not sure that would be the most comfortable arrangement, especially what with the sweaty summer feet.

2-Aviator glasses do not look great on most guys, at least not the many I have seen wearing them. The "aviators are great" mantra is age-old and wrong. Perhaps this new OPR model is different...

5. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I for one look terrible in Aviator glasses, and change that to a light summer weight wool tan suit and I would agree.

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

They are rather "safe" recommendations, although I take issue/question two of the points.

1-I really can't imagine wearing wing tips without socks. Not sure that would be the most comfortable arrangement, especially what with the sweaty summer feet.

2-Aviator glasses do not look great on most guys, at least not the many I have seen wearing them. The "aviators are great" mantra is age-old and wrong. Perhaps this new OPR model is different...

Wingtips, or for that matter any laced up dress shoe, without socks is very affected and borders on the ridiculous. Agree with your Aviator comment. I usually cringe when I read any statement that says "Everyone looks great in .......". His other must haves are very good.

7. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I like the outfit behind him to the right, especially the way the khakis look with it.

8. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I like recommendation #4, although how would he know what a Charvet custom shirt looks like? They freely admit that what they offer at their Bergdorf trunk shoes is more of a stock special, rather than bespoke or even MTM.