• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Saddle Seat: further humiliation of the air traveler

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Combine crap like this with RSS's endless crowing about his yacht and his driver and all the rest and it's just e-fingernails on an e-chalkboard around here 24/7. Can't you two give the rest of us a break? Consider it noblesse oblige or something.
Perhaps you shouldn't take so seriously what I write ... 50% or more of the time I'm beyond fiction. I just roll with the punches and let the persona develop. It was a thread about billionaires ... real and pretend. I don't think it needs to be said ... I am not a billionaire. I ain't ... I ain't ... I ain't ... unless I am.

Surely comments like the one below give a hint of my lack of seriousness ...

Originally Posted by RSS
I just can't bring myself to wear alligator. It might have something to do with the fact that I grew up in Louisiana and knew many of them personally.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Combine crap like this with RSS's endless crowing about his yacht and his driver and all the rest and it's just e-fingernails on an e-chalkboard around here 24/7. Can't you two give the rest of us a break? Consider it noblesse oblige or something.

Damn, you're dense.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS

Surely comments like the one below give a hint of my lack of seriouslness ...

Why do you wear a tiara every day, though?

confused.gif

- B

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Why do you wear a tiara every day, though?

How do I put this? It was years ago ... and I was one of the last passengers to be boarded on a TWA flight from San Francisco to London via Boston (and no you didn't come to Logan to see me). This was in the days when First Class boarded last ... which would have solved your problem discussed eariler.

The "Red Coat" brought me to my seat ... a window ... with the aisle next to me empty (yes it was First Class). He then turned to the stewardess (I don't think they were flight attendants yet) and said, "His Royal Highness is not to be disturbed. No one is to take this seat next to him. He will have the eggs for breakfast ... and the lamb for dinner (out of Boston). He is not to be addressed unless he asks you a question.

When I got back to San Francisco I asked him what that was all about. He responded, "In San Francisco ... even a man can be a queen."

Up to this point I have been dead serious. (Manton note)

I have worn a tiara every day since ... cause I am da Queen of San Francisco, Honey.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
How do I put this? It was years ago ... and I was one of the last passengers to be boarded on a TWA flight from San Francisco to London via Boston (and no you didn't come to Logan to see me).

The Red Coat brought me to my seat ... a window ... with the aisle next to me empty (yes it was First Class). He then turned to the stewardess (I don't think they were flight attendants yet) and said, "His Royal Highness is not to be disturbed. No one is to take this seat next to him. He will have the eggs for breakfast ... and the lamb for dinner (out of Boston). He is not to be addressed unless he asks you a question.

When I got back to San Francisco I asked him what that was all about. He responded. In San Francisco ... even a man can be a queen.

On this one I'm dead serious.

TWA? You must be old. Like 30 or something
confused.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
TWA? You must be old. Like 30 or something
confused.gif

Darlin' ... try 2x. My first trip to Europe was on a Constellation.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Well ... actually that's not true ... it was on the Queen Mary ... and NO ... not QM2.

My first air trip to Europe was on a Constellation. Don't remember if it was Pan Am, TWA, or BOAC.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
How do I put this? It was years ago ... and I was one of the last passengers to be boarded on a TWA flight from San Francisco to London via Boston (and no you didn't come to Logan to see me.

I have worn a tiara every day since.

Do you single-finger type your posts with your scepter?

I single finger-type, but I don't have a scepter.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

- B

This is an improvement.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
^^^ Well ... actually that's not true ... it was on the Queen Mary ... and NO ... not QM2.

My first air trip to Europe was on a Constellation. Don't remember if it was Pan Am, TWA, or BOAC.

Wow...i was on the old Queen Mary when I was four. Were you the mean teen?

- B

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
OH THE HUGE MANATEEE

if i ever get to 30 i'm killing myself.

I'm there with you. We should have a SF forever 29 meetup when we reach that age - but you and I will be several years apart you whipper snapper.

Originally Posted by RSS
Darlin' ... try 2x. My first trip to Europe was on a Constellation.

You've inspired me to try a bow tie this weekend for the first time. Pics will be coming in WAYWRN.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

- B

I use my verger's wand ... which some confuse with a scepter.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This is an improvement.

Thanks...I'm paying attention to the consultants.

Can't you help Foo with his belt problem?

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads