• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what brands you are buying that are vanity sizing in numbers. Unless they are hip sized.

Mannys run large. Generally would buy a size down compared to normal size.

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Not sure what brands you are buying that are vanity sizing in numbers. Unless they are hip sized.

Mannys run large. Generally would buy a size down compared to normal size.
Pini Parma for example vanity sizes. I buy a US30 from them despite my waist measuring 34 inches.
I guess my point is, if my waist is 34 inches then I should go with a 32 and be good? Not like a tailor couldn't take the waist in should they be a bit big

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a US 35 and have gotten my Mannys in 50 (US 34) then also my tailor takes them in.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I assume you can email them and get a waist measurement. If you call their shop in Naples, Milan, or London, someone may also be able to measure for you. You can then compare that measurement to your other trousers.

willyto

Reaction score
I assume you can email them and get a waist measurement. If you call their shop in Naples, Milan, or London, someone may also be able to measure for you. You can then compare that measurement to your other trousers.
Why don't they just add that information in the website? I don't understand why brands don't do that instead of Size XX which literally means nothing without measurements.

Same with the rise. They put Mid Rise, high Rise but don't give the rise measurement (Outseam minus inseam)

EFBenson

Reaction score
seems the London store is in a deep sleep:

inacc.PNG

EFBenson

Reaction score
all 'non-essential' shops- which includes tailors- are closed until at least April 12th, but the windows are still on display, as it were.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Grosvenor logo is the logo of the landlord, which suggests Rubinacci have given up their lease.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
They are definitely reopening on Monday

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For people who have bespoke Rubinacci jackets, and have slightly extended shoulders, I'm wondering how your jackets have held up over time.

I know some of Iammatt and Foo's jackets slightly dip at the end. Like so:

1000.jpg

I've been told this is a result of Rubinacci using light padding on their jackets and Mariano's preference for a slightly extended shoulder, such that the shoulder seam sits off the shoulder bone. I've also been told that this effect gets worse over time -- the end gets droopier and droopier as the padding softens.

I have some Solito jackets that I like. They also use a thin pad. Luigi is reluctant to extend the shoulders because he doesn't like the droopy look, but I also like the look of an extended shoulder. I'm curious how this ages over time with a soft construction. If it takes 20 years for a jacket to look "bad," then I don't mind. If the jacket looks the same after 10 years as it did on the first year (basically, the amount of droop you see above), I think I'm OK with the trade-off.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads