• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well my “Manny’s” arrived today. Very different from anything else I own and the generosity of fit threw me. Something to get used to for sure as I just felt like there was so much trouser around me (and I did go down a size from my usual)

View attachment 1462375
View attachment 1462374
nice, back to posting Rubinacci relevant topics - they look great not as "dramatic" as I remember them

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple Manny's. Love the waist styling. The fit definitely takes some getting used to. I'm sure this will be considered heresy, but I've had my tailor take an ever so little but out of them.

People do react well to them though. Have a pair in bordeaux that always gets complemented.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will literally fight both of you

Larry David is a goat among goats and I will not hear anything different.
I don't think he's a goat he's only pretaaaaaaaaaay pretaaaaaaaaaaay pretaaaaaaaaaay good.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Well my “Manny’s” arrived today. Very different from anything else I own and the generosity of fit threw me. Something to get used to for sure as I just felt like there was so much trouser around me (and I did go down a size from my usual)

View attachment 1462375
View attachment 1462374
how is the raise compared to "normal" rtv? I emailed rubinacci for measurements but forgot to ask for raise... I think I'll be 52 but I really don't want raise higher than 11" I tried his casentino coat but had to return it because it's made for taller people.. (coat was too long, shoulders borderline too narrow, sleeves too long, etc...) too much to alter but can't size down because shoulders was just marginally ok over knitwear...

shrink1061

Reaction score
how is the raise compared to "normal" rtv? I emailed rubinacci for measurements but forgot to ask for raise... I think I'll be 52 but I really don't want raise higher than 11" I tried his casentino coat but had to return it because it's made for taller people.. (coat was too long, shoulders borderline too narrow, sleeves too long, etc...) too much to alter but can't size down because shoulders was just marginally ok over knitwear...

well they’re a high rise trouser, and they’re very much supposed to be. Mine sit at natural waist around my belly button. That must mean at least a 12” rise.

it takes getting used to, but it is very comfortable

Rimaarts

Reaction score
well they’re a high rise trouser, and they’re very much supposed to be. Mine sit at natural waist around my belly button. That must mean at least a 12” rise.

it takes getting used to, but it is very comfortable

well.. comfortable, yes... but when you take off the jacket, look is not for everyone...
for me, 11" inches is on/a tiny bit below my belly button, so 12" is too much...

problem with high rise trousers... you have 2 guys, let's say 180cm tall, one wears 33 waist, one wears 38... so the same model trousers on 38 waist will have much higher rise, while 33 waist will have rise as intended...

shrink1061

Reaction score
I guess that’s one concern, and I suspect off the peg tailoring is unlikely to ever suit someone of 180cm with a 38” waist. That’s approaching niche. I’m 175cm and between a 32-34 waist. I find they sit just right and look quite classic. My lady friend agrees!

Sam H

Reaction score
IMG_2091.jpg

Rubinacci Black Cashmere Roll Neck. I got it in size 46 which was sizing down for me because I wanted it to be very fitted. Sweaters in the "correct" size for me look too slouchy and usually not a in a good way. The only thing is the length is a little short but when I looked at the knitwear sizing for Rubinacci it didn't appear that sizing up would change the length anyway. Regardless, it's not too short so I don't mind.

This is probably the most brand whoring purchase I made in years since I paid full price.

Sam H

Reaction score
? when I went off to buy a black cashmere turtleneck the first thing I thought was “it would go well with the silvery gray sports coat I’m getting” and the second was “just like Archer”. Also he talks about having 10 of them, 5 in black and 5 in darker black and I get what he means; the Edward Sexton is definitely “darker” black at least in photos.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
? when I went off to buy a black cashmere turtleneck the first thing I thought was “it would go well with the silvery gray sports coat I’m getting” and the second was “just like Archer”. Also he talks about having 10 of them, 5 in black and 5 in darker black and I get what he means; the Edward Sexton is definitely “darker” black at least in photos.
SHHHHHHHH!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Ray also had the black tactical turtleneck and Archer wanted Ray to change. Ray was like why?

Archer-we look totally gay
Ray- I am gay
Archer- Well I’m not!
Ray- then why are you wearing that turtleneck?

Classic stuff.

Sam H

Reaction score
5D370879-177A-4BB5-9E1D-2587B794B72D.jpeg
Finally splurged on some Belgian loafers thanks to the Black Friday sale

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Does Rubinacci vanity size at all? I typically wear a 30/31 in most US pant sizes, but my actual waist is 34. I want to order some Manny trousers but want to get the size right

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads