• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The khaki suit behind Rubinacci looks like it could be a real winner. Who is that?

Are you trying to hone your own haughty gaze?

- B

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Tepdoc to say that Mariano is no better than a unethical turkish rug salesman in....3....2....1

Mariano loves to sale , that's not a lie...He is a shrewd operator , nothing wrong with that.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Mariano loves to sale , that's not a lie...He is a shrewd operator , nothing wrong with that.

I thought it wasn't so much the shrewdness or business acumen as much as the colossal Rubinacci advertizing budget.

I thought about 90% of what you pay goes toward advertizing.

Also, I've read he has this ancient panpipe...from the days when the Greeks owned the bay...and when he blows into it,
foo.gif
, whnay., Poo, and the others go into a River Dance.

Are these rumors unfounded?

confused.gif

- B

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm note sure how to interpret a DB shawl vest with unbuttoned cuffs and unbuttoned BD collar, but I really want to see
foo.gif
in this ensemble. - B

This is a picture taken during an event organized in Naples by the Cavalleresco Ordine dei Guardiani delle Noveporte. In this picture Mariano Rubinacci was trying a vest made for the tight of the wedding ceremony of the daughter. It's really important to know the source of images to understand well. http://www.noveporte.it/taccuino/tau...&idcategoria=1

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

Also, I've read he has this ancient panpipe...from the days when the Greeks owned the bay...and when he blows into it,
foo.gif
, whnay., Poo, and the others go into a River Dance

Are these rumors unfounded?

confused.gif

- B

Interesting. Do expand on that please.

I do learn something new everyday on Styleforum.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Interesting. Do expand on that please.

I do learn something new everyday on Styleforum.

Tepdoc, who lives right above the Rubinacci flagship store at the Carlyle, is the expert on it.

Perhaps he will weigh in.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexSF
This is a picture taken during an event organized in Naples by the Cavalleresco Ordine dei Guardiani delle Noveporte.

In this picture Mariano Rubinacci was trying a vest made for the tight of the wedding ceremony of the daughter.

It's really important to know the source of images to understand well.

http://www.noveporte.it/taccuino/tau...&idcategoria=1

Thank you...I thought it had to be a lark. The senior Rubinacci is nearly always well turned out.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
This page is losing its comic impulse.

There is still room for a few more posts, however.

- B

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I once owned a Rubinacci jacket that I almost burned inside of a BBQ. I believe sho'nuff has it now.
Was it being worn by a Berkshire pig?
pig-in-a-suit.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more pix "as worn" available yet? looking forward to seeing good snaps of the chalkstripe, etc.!

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
I realize it's not actually a berkshire, but I had to combine tasty meat with a pig/hog in a jacket/vest.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
I-gent special. Drapers five star 11 oz fresco. 6x2 DB, patch pockets, light horn buttons, half-lined with tie silk. I have pants in the same fabric from Ambrosi if I wanted to wear as a suit.

p1010500y.jpg
Saw this in person and it's definitely more impressive than pictures. The light horn looks great. I totally want to jack the idea and replace my gold blazer buttons with light horn now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads