• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Rubinacci Thread.

dauster

Reaction score
Well my “Manny’s” arrived today. Very different from anything else I own and the generosity of fit threw me. Something to get used to for sure as I just felt like there was so much trouser around me (and I did go down a size from my usual)

View attachment 1462375
View attachment 1462374
nice, back to posting Rubinacci relevant topics - they look great not as "dramatic" as I remember them

ValidusLA

Reaction score
I have a couple Manny's. Love the waist styling. The fit definitely takes some getting used to. I'm sure this will be considered heresy, but I've had my tailor take an ever so little but out of them.

People do react well to them though. Have a pair in bordeaux that always gets complemented.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will literally fight both of you

Larry David is a goat among goats and I will not hear anything different.
I don't think he's a goat he's only pretaaaaaaaaaay pretaaaaaaaaaaay pretaaaaaaaaaay good.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Well my “Manny’s” arrived today. Very different from anything else I own and the generosity of fit threw me. Something to get used to for sure as I just felt like there was so much trouser around me (and I did go down a size from my usual)

View attachment 1462375
View attachment 1462374
how is the raise compared to "normal" rtv? I emailed rubinacci for measurements but forgot to ask for raise... I think I'll be 52 but I really don't want raise higher than 11" I tried his casentino coat but had to return it because it's made for taller people.. (coat was too long, shoulders borderline too narrow, sleeves too long, etc...) too much to alter but can't size down because shoulders was just marginally ok over knitwear...

shrink1061

Reaction score
how is the raise compared to "normal" rtv? I emailed rubinacci for measurements but forgot to ask for raise... I think I'll be 52 but I really don't want raise higher than 11" I tried his casentino coat but had to return it because it's made for taller people.. (coat was too long, shoulders borderline too narrow, sleeves too long, etc...) too much to alter but can't size down because shoulders was just marginally ok over knitwear...
well they’re a high rise trouser, and they’re very much supposed to be. Mine sit at natural waist around my belly button. That must mean at least a 12” rise.

it takes getting used to, but it is very comfortable

Rimaarts

Reaction score
well they’re a high rise trouser, and they’re very much supposed to be. Mine sit at natural waist around my belly button. That must mean at least a 12” rise.

it takes getting used to, but it is very comfortable
well.. comfortable, yes... but when you take off the jacket, look is not for everyone...
for me, 11" inches is on/a tiny bit below my belly button, so 12" is too much...

problem with high rise trousers... you have 2 guys, let's say 180cm tall, one wears 33 waist, one wears 38... so the same model trousers on 38 waist will have much higher rise, while 33 waist will have rise as intended...

shrink1061

Reaction score
I guess that’s one concern, and I suspect off the peg tailoring is unlikely to ever suit someone of 180cm with a 38” waist. That’s approaching niche. I’m 175cm and between a 32-34 waist. I find they sit just right and look quite classic. My lady friend agrees!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's