The Rubinacci Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jun 6, 2008.

1. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

FNB, can you post a pic of your sweaty, stretched out, suede Edward Greens? For old time's sake?
    Well I'll take a look for it but theyre not for sale if you're looking to upgrade your wardrobe [​IMG]

2. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

FYI GBP/USD is now below 1.7, down from around 2.0 earlier this year!

Excuse my ignorance and don't want to hijack, but with GBP/USD now close to 1.6 this has been on my mind. I assume that the price a visiting UK tailor will charge will be an amount exclusive of VAT, so you just multiply FX to that amount to determine the price. Is this correct?

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Excuse my ignorance and don't want to hijack, but with GBP/USD now close to 1.6 this has been on my mind. I assume that the price a visiting UK tailor will charge will be an amount exclusive of VAT, so you just multiply FX to that amount to determine the price. Is this correct?

Typically, the price they quote to Americans is ex-VAT, but you should always ask to be sure.

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

How, exactly, can this thread be hijacked? The pilot doesn't even know where it's supposed to go. Take it where you want.

5. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

How, exactly, can this thread be hijacked? The pilot doesn't even know where it's supposed to go. Take it where you want.

Ooops. Wrong thread. So what.

6. Film Noir Buff

How, exactly, can this thread be hijacked? the majority of the posters doesn't even know where it's supposed to go. Take it where you want.
    Fixed, as they say in the vernacular [​IMG] edit: Dopey messed me up but it applies here more than the other one anyway ;p

7. Film Noir Buff

8. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

Typically, the price they quote to Americans is ex-VAT, but you should always ask to be sure.

Thanks. The VAT refund always seems to take months when returning from abroad, wasn't sure if it was the same when the UK tailors visit.

Nice one.

9. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Thanks. The VAT refund always seems to take months when returning from abroad, wasn't sure if it was the same when the UK tailors visit.
    Most tailors will simply not charge you the VAT in the first place. That's a lot better deal than the refund because, in addition to the speed factor, with refunds you never get back the full amount.

However, if you pick the suit up in London, you have no choice but to pay the VAT and apply for the refund.

10. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

11. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Most tailors will simply not charge you the VAT in the first place. That's a lot better deal than the refund because, in addition to the speed factor, with refunds you never get back the full amount.

However, if you pick the suit up in London, you have no choice but to pay the VAT and apply for the refund.

My advice Kuro is to have the goods finished and then mailed to you. Saves a lot of the hassle.

12. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Lookin' good mafoo.

13. aragon765

aragon765 Senior member

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/mafoofan/mfanblog/snapshots/102308sitting.jpg[/I]

Wow, this is great, you look fantastic, no matter what anyone says!! I am not a big fan of the tie-tying trip you are on, but the rest is simply awesome.

I have not been on the board much lately -- attempting to finish law school appears to take up more time than being a first year associate in NYC [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif. I only wish I could show up to my firm looking as polished and complete as you appear to do. Very well done!

btw, What is the total number of coats/suits that you are currently rotating, and what percentage are Rubinacci?

14. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Lookin' good mafoo.

+1.
    Probably my fav of all I've seen.

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I give that suit a hot diggity dog.

Nice work.

Is that the wedding suit?

- B