1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Rubinacci Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jun 6, 2008.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Agreed. Hella handsome. Details? Is this like, Rubinacci ready-to-wear?
    Bespoke from the 80s

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Are you guys serious? I can never tell [​IMG] Puffy shoulder grandpa blanket coat?

Yup, I like it.

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

I have a scarf with that same pattern in a smaller scale - I wish I could find it in a tweed.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

weerd

Bespoke from the 80s

that makes sense

I have a scarf with that same pattern in a smaller scale - I wish I could find it in a tweed.

smaller scale shepherd checks like this are fairly common. I have a Zegna in similar colorway. It's the oversized check that makes this look... special.

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

egad.

that's even too much for me.

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

smaller scale shepherd checks like this are fairly common. I have a Zegna in similar colorway. It's the oversized check that makes this look... special.

If you can point me in the direction of something like this, I'd be grateful:

[​IMG]

7. kcc

kcc Senior member

[​IMG]

Lovely.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If you can point me in the direction of something like this, I'd be grateful:

[​IMG]

Do you have access to Carlo Barbera books? There are multiple versions of shepherd checks with an overcheck like this.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Do you have access to Carlo Barbera books? There are multiple versions of shepherd checks with an overcheck like this.

No.... [​IMG]

It's good to know that they exist though.

10. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

29558 in the CB for HL book is similar but without the red over check. Sadly it is hard to get to see the other CB books. Actually I've never seen any other CB books. [​IMG]

11. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Are you guys serious? I can never tell [​IMG] Puffy shoulder grandpa blanket coat?

And people talk shit on Tom Ford patterns?

12. whnay.

Oxford cloth, not sure the maker. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Oxford cloth, not sure the maker.

Maybe RL bed sheets?

Collar looks nice. You seem to have shirts from a number of makers. How do the LH shirts compare to your others?

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Maybe RL bed sheets?

Collar looks nice. You seem to have shirts from a number of makers. How do the LH shirts compare to your others?

And if you look at the cuff, the lines are about 2 cm off sometimes and the collar points aren't even close. Clearly not worthy of bespoke. /ataturk

15. whnay.

Maybe RL bed sheets?

I've only used three: Attolini, Charvet, and LH. I really don't have a favorite, they all are nice. Charvet for their dizzying array of fabrics, Attolini for the handwork and LH for just about everything else including ease of ordering. I'm not wed to one maker on shirts, bespoke or otherwise. I recently picked up a de Corvato shirt that's about as nice as any bespoke shirt I have and it cost a 10th less. Suitings and sportcoats are another matter but you know that already.

16. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

17. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

This is beautiful,blue linen Rubinnaci DB:
    [​IMG]

The only thing that irks me about this suit is the way the bottom of the coat is hugging the wearer's thighs. Is it unvented(?)

18. Eustace Tilley

19. Eustace Tilley

I've only used three: Attolini, Charvet, and LH. I really don't have a favorite, they all are nice. Charvet for their dizzying array of fabrics, Attolini for the handwork and LH for just about everything else including ease of ordering. I'm not wed to one maker on shirts, bespoke or otherwise. I recently picked up a de Corvato shirt that's about as nice as any bespoke shirt I have and it cost a 10th less. Suitings and sportcoats are another matter but you know that already.

Have you posted any shirt fit pics in the past? I am particularly interested in the bespoke Charvet and Rubi.

20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

[​IMG]

I love that...