• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
If one is not a topcoat you ned to place another order.

I'm going to have to go without a proper coat for at least another year. Suits are my priority.

Originally Posted by Fraiche
Sorry if this has been asked before but is Rubinacci RTW available in the US?

You can get ties, squares, and scarves at the Carlyle.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
You can get ties, squares, and scarves at the Carlyle.

madelineteaJPG.jpg

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys should just stop being silly now. Rubi-chichi, Chichi-nelli. All for medium-timers. Camps de Luca is the only way to go if you want the real deal and if you're a big deal (I confirmed with Hey Man). They will engrave your name on the back of the trousers' buttons and hand-embroider your initials between the lining and canvas.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
IMG_1910-499x750.jpg

It's interesting to see the basted stitching (?) on the Rubinacci. It gives you an idea of the shaping they do in the chest and waist, which is what is really attractive to me about their style. Kind of an idealized athletic shape. I don't even know if there's a correlation between the two, but it looks like there might be.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
It's interesting to see the basted stitching (?) on the Rubinacci. It gives you an idea of the shaping they do in the chest and waist, which is what is really attractive to me about their style. Kind of an idealized athletic shape. I don't even know if there's a correlation between the two, but it looks like there might be.

keep in mind that there seems to be some girth on the waist of the customer, maybe that is a bit of what you are seeing.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Camps de Luca is the only way to go if you want the real deal and if you're a big deal (I confirmed with Hey Man). They will engrave your name on the back of the trousers' buttons and hand-embroider your initials between the lining and canvas.

The will also give you a handwritten invoice.

The parchment on which the numbers are done in calligraphy and antique phoque frame are worth more than most Chan wardrobes.

- B

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about that and it makes my head spin. It is said that the numbers are so perfectly shaped that women swoon at a mere glimpse of the invoice. There's something both magic and primal about it.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The invoice from A&S is very nice and sort of Edwardian.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
How is the front balance though?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

The invoice from Rubinacci is grand in it's own way
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
How is the front balance though?

Will have to post to get the judgement of teh forvm to know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics