1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Rubinacci Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jun 6, 2008.

1. tony19

tony19 Well-Known Member

Man, Matt has got a great wardrobe...one Negative I noticed is all of his arm sleeves are very baggy and not proportionate to the slim cut of all his suite/slacks. they just seem too loose fitting and don;t go along with the slim fit look.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Awesome clothes whnay!

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Awesome clothes whnay!

Worth a repeat, Bill: tres soignÃ[​IMG].

- B

4. AntonioG

AntonioG Well-Known Member

Wow, just wanted to thank all of those that have shared images and their excellent commentaries. So much to learn, so much inspiration!

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Rubinacci jacket, tie, and square.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

Good show. I still think your ties are too wide though. I think if you got them a bit slimmer, your tie knot would sort itself out. Do you ever feel like your fighting with your tie when trying to knot it?

[​IMG]

7. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

The tie is actually pretty narrow (8 cm across). What you're seeing is the back blade coming out parallel with the front blade. It's a look I'm toying with but I don't know if I'll stick with it.

8. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

What you're seeing is the back blade coming out parallel with the front blade.

Yeah, I got that part. I just thought it looked like a bit of a shit sandwich. Since moving to 3.25 inch ties, I've switched to undimpled knots and haven't looked back. But, you know, to each his own.

9. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

^I like the tie thing on occasion.
    I thought it might be fun and helpful to see how everyone's Rubinacci jackets look side-by-side. I cropped and sized the photos to make comparison easier. [​IMG]
    FWIW, in this lineup, I like mafoofan's best, and I love iammatt's stuff. Your recent photo from a distance on WAYWRN, mafoofan, looks great too.

10. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Whnays shoulders look like they have much more roping - is this a non-standard rubinacci request?

Is nice....

11. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some tailors/stylists like to used roped shoulders to offset sloping shoulders. Whnay seems to have a touch more natural slope to his shoulders. Same as myself.

12. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Although all 4 are excellent, I like whnay's best. (100% Subjective) Even if he hates Bill Cunningham. (Also 100% Subjective ahem)

I think what does it for me is the full sleeve with the larger lapels. The roping is a nice touch, thank you Despos for pointing out the reasoning behind it.

13. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

It may be the DB factor! I recall Matt & Matt's DB's being very nice as well.

Perhaps this calls for a second set of visuals - Matt/Matt/Whnay DB's!

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I hope to be back to see Rubinacci this winter and place my next order. Thinking two/three suits, a sportcoat and a couple of shirts. Any special requests from the SF mob?

BTW Foo you should put the rest of your photos in this thread.

15. Sator

Sator Senior member

Any special requests from the SF mob?

Yes, I want to see how they cut a body coat - any body coat will do, morning coat, dress coat, or even a frock coat will do me fine.

16. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I hope to be back to see Rubinacci this winter and place my next order. Thinking two/three suits, a sportcoat and a couple of shirts. Any special requests from the SF mob?

Something in silk or mohair.

17. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

I can only dream of the day I contribute to this thread..

Thanks guy's for setting my next goal!

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I'm skimmed the thread and might have missed it but did you have something made using a relatively light cloth?

19. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm skimmed the thread and might have missed it but did you have something made using a relatively light cloth?

No thats on the list, however.

20. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

More DBs or will you try out SB suits? I like the DB on you.