• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci of Denim? (Roy Jeans)

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The success rate of denim in WAYRN is low, actually, probably because of the "Levis are good enough for me" mind set.

NOBD does it quite well. Even Vox when he's playing. Most of the guys in MC could stand to broaden their horizons on jeans just enough to bring their week end play day looks up to their M-F peacock looks.

P.S- get them hemmed

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
Decorative handwork does not serve any function purposes, but a entirely handmade tailored jacket has many functional advantages over a machine made or mass produced item, stitching is just part of the crafting process. The absolutely benefit of hand making a tailored jacket is a fact, the relative value/premium is subjective.
No, in fact it makes the jacket much less precisely cut, sewed and durable. Styleforum myths FTW!!! Thankfully no ones makes an entirely handmade jacket so the point is moot. Who do you think is better a making a seam, a factory worker with the proper equipment who does the same operation day in, day out or some tailor guy who makes full suits and has to go through the same operation relatively rarely? Sorry to say but if you have a bespoke suit look at the stitching and precision of the cutting then look at mid to high end RTW suit. You'll see which one is objectively better if we're talking precision, solidity etc.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i didn't feel like reading this whole thread, but roys are not the rubinacci of jeans

closing thing would be either rogue territory in LA (custom denim) or 45 RPM

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
The success rate of denim in WAYRN is low, actually, probably because of the "Levis are good enough for me" mind set.

NOBD does it quite well. Even Vox when he's playing. Most of the guys in MC could stand to broaden their horizons on jeans just enough to bring their week end play day looks up to their M-F peacock looks.

P.S- get them hemmed

the success rate is low for two reasons:

1. raw denim looks awkward and unflattering at first, and only looks good after it breaks in
2. people wear ugly high rise 501s in terrible washes

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy

i dont think they spend 500$ on jeans to get this kind of look

WAYWTSet.jpg

Omega Man

Reaction score
Just buy these jeans - buy local and support this guy. AFAIK, almost everything (including raw materials) is American made. Of course, the targeted demographics are different than MC.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should be posting up some A&S disaster as counterpoint?*

Of course it takes some taste and understanding to wear something and not get razzed here.

AlanC put the effort in. I bet he'd look just fine in the Roys, as high rise as they are, though I doubt that is where he'd choose to put his money.

By the way, you should be using fits that Zissou puts up for this conversation, not... who is that- Lane?

----
* oh, right- it should have been reevolving's sports bar fit.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i didn't feel like reading this whole thread, but roys are not the rubinacci of jeans

closing thing would be either rogue territory in LA (custom denim) or 45 RPM

Ask
foo.gif
what he thinks of his 45 RPM.
sarcasm.gif

Oh, by the way, he's also the Forum's biggest proponent of Rubinacci.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads