1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The rip today's WAYWN pics to shreds discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Jun 10, 2009.

1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

In meeting with SFers in GTG (s) & also chatting on-line off SF I have stated that there is a common thread with the BUKAKE offenders in that they are repeat offenders.

I even said watch in a few days " you &/I are going to post a comment about member X, & only then will they comment on me.." & wow.. it was like a Maria Ozawa scene!

Hence I have been consistent in my comments & feed-back - ever notice that there is not much Bukake action between the iBlokes.. [​IMG]

Sure some are here for advice, compliments or just trolling but at the end of the day it's just clothing.

I know a while back I was wondering why I get more positive feed back or just comments via PMs or emails & not posts.. & it wasn't till the above was told to me (playing the game), that like IRL is say FUK EM. But now I think of it just like the details & lining I have in my SC.. & like how I am not part of the whole BUKAKE sessions.

Now.. WTF am I going to wear today? Not much options LOL - see youse soon

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

^ very true, PG, especially the "if I don't comment on them, they won't comment on me" part.

3. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

I even said watch in a few days " you &/I are going to post a comment about member X, & only then will they comment on me.." & wow.. it was like a Maria Ozawa scene!

Maria Ozawa is hot. WAYWN arent always.

4. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

5. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

I am a relative n00b and have contemplated posting in WAYWN to get some constructive feedback, but I have never really felt like it was the place for it.

To me it felt more like a place for those who feel like they are really knocking it out of the park to post (though certainly not all that post there are). I think most my suits, coats, etc. fit well, but most my stuff is mid-range off the rack stuff -- none of the bespoke stuff that really takes it to the next level. Since I don't really think I'm one to show others how it's done and since there isn't much constructive feedback going on in that thread (mostly just pats on the back and trolls), I didn't really feel like there was much point in taking the time to post. I do understand why people have been reluctant to give feedback though. I see T.C. giving a lot of good advice there and getting little thanks for it.

If I do post, I guess I just need to let others know that I am looking for feedback and not trying to show off, though I do fear that it would just be an invitation for the trolls to post unhelpful "you look like shit"-type comments.

In many classrooms, often students would rather ask the instructor privately (or not learn) than ask in front of the group. And most people are very sensitive to criticism about their looks, and the Internet adds another layer of problems. It seems silly to type this, for it's simple human nature (mostly social status and self-esteem). Hence, of course no unmoderated/loosely moderated picture thread is likely to provide accurate, effective public feedback to participants. Not that commenting will change anything.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member