• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The rip today's WAYWN pics to shreds discussion thread.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I ensure a high success rate by aiming very low.

or you can just follow Mr WAYWRN's posts...

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though that never appeared in waywn (for a good reason) I am going to end this thread:
The people who made this pic are supposed to be my friends btw.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Though that never appeared in waywn (for a good reason) I am going to end this thread:
The people who made this pic are supposed to be my friends btw.

A valiant effort.

factorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
I have come to the conclusion that you guys are right.
fistbump.gif
The last of my fedoras will be posted on the classifieds on the fedora lounge. My 1926 suit will be on ebay most likely this week. If any of your interested in buying the last of the vintage wardrobe please pm me. Over the past month I have sold 2 bespoke Optimo fedoras, a bespoke Gary White fedora, and a 1930's Dobbs 40.

You're probably joking, but you shouldn't sell the suit. The thing that pushes it over the top and makes it look costumey is the hat. The suit alone is fine -- it's a bit unusual to see someone your age wearing a DB jacket but it's not blindingly age-inappropriate, as the hat was.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by factorial
You're probably joking, but you shouldn't sell the suit. The thing that pushes it over the top and makes it look costumey is the hat. The suit alone is fine -- it's a bit unusual to see someone your age wearing a DB jacket but it's not blindingly age-inappropriate, as the hat was.

I am not joking. IMHO the hat completes the suit. The suit looks inappropriate without a proper hat. Hopefully the same person who buys the suit, buys the hat and wears it better than me.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not joking. IMHO the hat completes the suit. The suit looks inappropriate without a proper hat. Hopefully the same person who buys the suit, buys the hat and wears it better than me.

This is wrong. Keep it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Fedora Lounge lol

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, the fact that you see these two clothing items as so inextricably linked is part of the problem. Your clothes aren't you, they aren't part of a "set," and they aren't a ready-made persona. At least they shouldn't be. You should enjoy them as you see fit. Just don't let them wear you.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hope you are being facetious. If you let the opinions presented on this board dictate your apparel, then you really don't have the confidence to wear that outfit. However, I think you do.

Mike

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Honestly, the fact that you see these two clothing items as so inextricably linked is part of the problem. Your clothes aren't you, they aren't part of a "set," and they aren't a ready-made persona. At least they shouldn't be. You should enjoy them as you see fit. Just don't let them wear you.

Perhaps owning both items of the set confers skill bonuses?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I really hope you are being facetious. If you let the opinions presented on this board dictate your apparel, then you really don't have the confidence to wear that outfit. However, I think you do.

Mike

+1, well stated.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads