• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Right Shoe for My Tux

trewells

Reaction score
I was fortunate to find an awesome bespoke Loro Piana Super 160s fabric tux in a consignment store. According to the store owner, the guy bought the tux and he ended up breaking off the wedding. The tux is black, one button with peak lapels, pleated slacks and a vest with peak lapels. I will wear a Zegna wing collar shirt and an Armani black bow tie. The shoes he had were there but they were too small for me. I need suggestions for shoes. My wedding is probably going to be in late September to mid-October. The shoes I am considering are below: Alden Men's Plain Toe Bal Patent Leather Plaza Last - http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...AST&rpro=9373# Magnanni Men's Fresno - http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...fields=&query= Salvatore Ferragamo Party Vernice Moccasin - http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0550cat9250740 I have to keep in mind that I need a stylish shoe but one that can be matched closely by my groomsmen at the tux shop. Let me know of any other shoes you think would work for my tux.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first two look fine. I actually think I prefer the Magnanni -- though I'm not familiar with the brand -- to the Alden. I know the Alden is good quality. Having said that, however, I doubt seriously whether you will wear these often enough that durability and re-crafting will ever be an issue. If you do, you're extremely fortunate and shouldn't be complaining about having to buy new shoes.

The Ferragamo, no. Stick with the classics. Both the Magnanni and the Alden are cheaper, anyway.

I have to keep in mind that I need a stylish shoe but one that can be matched closely by my groomsmen at the tux shop.

Good luck with that. These are mutually exclusive criteria.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is where i argue for formal pumps
moreschishoes_com_calf_pumps_high_vampB.jpg

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
here is where i argue for formal pumps
moreschishoes_com_calf_pumps_high_vampB.jpg

nice shoes, do they make them in men's?
shog[1].gif

trex

Reaction score
probably not appropiate for your wedding, but I really like how velvet slippers look when worn with a DJ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads