• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The right corduroy pants...

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Last time I bought a pair of BB Clarks. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=104928

After much deliberation, I returned them. They felt too tight and the Hudson didn't have the colors I was looking for.

I ordered the pleated cords from JosABank and got them in today. While they are EXTREMELY comfortable, I'm wondering if they're TOO big. Note that I have THICK thighs and a belly. I bought a Navy, brown, and tan (pictured) in 34 X 29 which is my size for all other pants I wear.

Thoughts please. Thank You.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly too long; they are pooling above your shoes. Pleats are... not flattering.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double-pleated cords...
uhoh.gif

Crooow

Reaction score
Respectfully, those are not at all a flattering fit for you. The disparity between where your belt is cinched and the flare at the hips is almost startling, and no doubt gives the impression of someone who is much heavier than you really are. Obviously, you're trying to get away from the slim-fit/stick-leg chinos that are so favored on here, but this goes way too far in the opposite direction.
smile.gif

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Also, would these be worth altering if at all possible?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just size up on the Clarks - they come in odd and even sizes so if you're a 36 go to 37, etc

have you tried this?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
just size up on the Clarks - they come in odd and even sizes so if you're a 36 go to 37, etc

have you tried this?

I have not and unfortunatly, the available colors and sizes have gone splat. I'm afraid I missed out on the Corduroy sales.
nest.gif

jmix1

Reaction score
I like these less than the Clarks that you posted both in terms of fit and color. I agree that the pleats do not flatter your already (admittedly) larger thighs, but they also seem to be a size too large.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Double-pleated cords...
uhoh.gif

Yes. Double pleats and wide wale cords are a dicey proposition.

Originally Posted by Crooow
Respectfully, those are not at all a flattering fit for you. The disparity between where your belt is cinched and the flare at the hips is almost startling, and no doubt gives the impression of someone who is much heavier than you really are. Obviously, you're trying to get away from the slim-fit/stick-leg chinos that are so favored on here, but this goes way too far in the opposite direction.
smile.gif

Agreed.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are not looking so hot. Try throwing them out and calling the RL store in NY to see if they have any more RLPL cords in your size for $40

$unny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmix1
I like these less than the Clarks that you posted both in terms of fit and color. I agree that the pleats do not flatter your already (admittedly) larger thighs, but they also seem to be a size too large.

yes. +1 i think the old photos are much more flattering. length, color & fit all better previously. maybe try Jos for un-pleated since you say BB is out... i think it worked better before?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads