1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Redhead Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lowkeyberserk, Dec 30, 2009.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

even if i lost all the chub i would still be a big dude, i weigh ~210 now and the lowest i could probobly go is ~195 with the muscles and all, i couldn't be skinny like that.
    and in all reality that isnt gunna happen, i lift but i just hate dieting and i wont do it [​IMG]

Do it anyway. Nobody likes dieting. Don't know what height you are, but if you lose 15-20 pounds you will be happier with how you look and feel. For example, add 20 pounds to latte guy pictured above and suddenly he doesn't look as good (unless it is 20 pounds of just muscle).

20 pounds overweight is how most average people look. It isn't helping them.

I believe you are set with color advice now.

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol i'm like 145lbs and i'm dieting right now

3. lowkeyberserk

lowkeyberserk Active Member

average looking? [​IMG]

for sure, basically everything i know is wrong lol

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

average looking?
    i'm being kind here You really do need to lose some weight as several others pointed out. The nicest clothes in the world won't make you look stylish if you're not in good shape. I think your hair looked nicest in the first pic where it was slightly longer. The very short hair and beard makes you look very ... um, gingery. I'm not sure how much time you want to put into your hair, but medium length red hair can look very nice if it's styled well. I'd suggest staying clean shaven as red beards very rarely look good. Also, I think some more stylish glasses would help your cause. [​IMG] this guy is hot as hell just throwing that out there

5. garmis

garmis Senior member

uncontrol, my red beard serves me well, but once again my hair color is a bit different than the one discussed here. If I had OP's shade, I would stay clean-shaven. And I think he is better-than-average looking for sure!

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

uncontrol, my red beard serves me well,

sure it does, sugartits

7. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Senior member

I never say this otherwise, but facial hair is your friend. You look the best in the first pic. Somewhat longer hair and almost full facial hair, good. I would really grow it full, of course keeping it trimmed.

Frames of your glasses, the colour is a problem. Shape is good.

Since your hair, both head and facial, make such a strong statement, I would advise building your style around it. One thing you could try is moving away from the Zelda shirts and more towards the artsy realm.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

this guy is hot as hell just throwing that out there

funny I said much the same thing in the MC Sart thread a few months ago, and they shit on me because the guy is wearing skinny jeans. I stand by my statement.

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

red beards very rarely look good.

hmmm Red beards look no better or worse than any other color. For every bad red beard you show me, I can show you 100 non-red beards.

10. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

i'm a pretty rare color of redhead. really dark and auburn and can even look pretty brownish in certain lighting. my eyes, eye brows and lashes are brown. direct sunlight or flash from a camera is every redhead's worst enemy, though and will make anyone look worse. anyway, i wear a lot of black, gray, brown, dark/forrest green sometimes or navy/royal blue. i generally stay away from any kind of bright color as the hair is bold enough as it is. i wear a hat a lot, partly because i think i just look better in them and maybe partly because it takes attention away from the hair. and i have a beard that gets some compliments. that's more genetics though. some people have cool bears, others should never grow one. doesn't matter what color it is. [​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

hmmm Red beards look no better or worse than any other color. For every bad red beard you show me, I can show you 100 non-red beards.

beards very rarely look good

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

beards very rarely look good

absolutely, not my sort of thing at all personally.

although this OG wasn't afraid of his red beard:

[​IMG]

13. garmis

garmis Senior member

uncontrol may have a crush on me.

14. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

difference: these guys are all attractive and the OP is pretty average looking
    cover their faces then look at them though - the palettes still work no matter what. . . . maybe i just have really high standards, but the only guy that i think is strikingly 'above average attractive' out of those 4 pics is the first dude - and he's a male model anyway. the three other dudes look pretty average (in a good way). they're just at 10% body fat and have great clothes on - its amazing what a good outfit can do for they overall attractiveness of a person.

15. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

[​IMG]

here's another sartorialist i dug out - this is one of my faves, period - not just for redheads [​IMG]

16. lowkeyberserk

lowkeyberserk Active Member