1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"The Rake" magazine

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GuidoWongolini, Jan 31, 2009.

1. clausc

clausc Senior member

Thanks for the proxy service. Any chance of getting the issues 1,3 or 4? I'd be willing to pay 30 USD shipped per issue. The other back issues can be ordered from their website.

2. sartort

sartort Senior member

LOL, yes I miscalculated. I just sent out 4 copies of the Rake. Airmail/ padded envelope/ magazine - I lost nearly 3.5usd each copy [​IMG] I have one copy left. Any takers for 20usd shipped? Suddenly the 130 usd subscription isnt' looking that bad after all. By coincidence, I just got my subscription copy of no6 through the post. Looks good and even heavier than the last one. If anyone still wants individual copies rather than a full subscription then I'm still happy to send at 130/6 usd per issue.
    PM sent. And as far as Vol.4 goes, does anyone have a copy for sale?

3. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

As others have asked, I'll do pre-orders for issue #6 with Diego DellaValle on the cover 22 usd personal payment. PM me if you want a copy. I'll also enquire about previous issues for people.

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Diego de la Valle? I guess they run out of interesting artisans after five issues.

How long does the damn thing take to arrive? I ordered a subscription and back issue 2 3 and 4 about three weeks ago.

5. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Canada still ain't in their drop-down list... What do?

6. clausc

clausc Senior member

They're not good at answering emails either. Sent an email one week ago asking availability of back issues, no response. Were they flooded with requests by SF members? [​IMG]

7. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

Wesborne, send an email to subscriptions @ revolution-press.com, expressing your interest to subscribe or purchase adding that you can't find your country in the dropdown list. They will contact you and help you subscribe manually.

8. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Wesborne, send an email to subscriptions @ revolution-press.com, expressing your interest to subscribe or purchase adding that you can't find your country in the dropdown list. They will contact you and help you subscribe manually.

Will do, thanks for the info! I had thought of simply selecting U.S.

9. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I'm not so sure if USPS is so generous as to re-direct the mail to you in Canada.[​IMG]

Give them some time to respond, they replied back to me in 3 weeks. I think they only have 2-3 active staff multi-tasking a multitude of jobs. In the meantime, you may wish to take up the proxy offer from Chocobo, making sure to tell the staff at the Rake to start your subscription correctly so you do not have overlapped issues.

I am actually pleased with the uptake of interested readers. I hope they continue with what they do for a long time.

10. chobochobo

My fifth and last copy of #5 has been claimed. I doubt that I will see it again in the shops given that the #6 is now out.

Anyone wishing to get the current issue, @22usd personal payment paypal, no frills airmail, let me know.

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

My fifth and last copy of #5 has been claimed. I doubt that I will see it again in the shops given that the #6 is now out.

Anyone wishing to get the current issue, @22usd personal payment paypal, no frills airmail, let me know.

Wait, there were more than 3 copies available of #5?!?!?! I'm in for a copy of #6; please pm me the pertinent info. Please let me know if you can get back issues. Thanks for doing this!

12. chobochobo

I found three in my local shop first. Then I found another two in another shop. As I said just before your post, I guess most places will be clearing their shelves of the 'older' issues now that #6 should be hitting the shelves anytime now. Sorry.

13. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

Which issue was the Rubinacci issue?

14. chobochobo

15. chobochobo

16. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

For those that subscribed, how long before you got your first issue?

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Senior member

I subsrcibed two weeks ago and nothing has arrived so far. After reading RJman's comment it will probably take even longer.

18. cdmoore1855

cdmoore1855 Senior member

i received my first mag about 2 weeks after subscribing, i received volume number 6 on Tuesday

19. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

The piece on Hugo Boss suits in the latest issue is an interesting read in the context of the hate they get here on SF.

20. chobochobo

I have one copy of no 5 for 22 us shipped if anyone wants it. New and wrapped.