1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"The Rake" magazine

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GuidoWongolini, Jan 31, 2009.

1. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Find this coat....for me
    I tried Burpberry but those assholes don't even reply.

Five buttons on the cuff, could be Tom Ford

2. robin

robin Senior member

Five buttons on the cuff, could be Tom Ford
    My first thought too!

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think we should repost this pic, just because.

[​IMG]

4. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Thank you.
    I obviously suck at Interwebz, god knows I've tried.

I could have cut off those stupid extra buttons on the sleaves but this : .......

Burpberry why Oh why did you do this???
    [​IMG]

5. JohnnyO12

JohnnyO12 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say I got the first few issues of my subscription and I truly love this magazine. The articles are great and very imformative, this is one magazine in which I will keep all my issues.

6. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

So I read thru all 10+ page of this thread.

I already have a monthly subscription to Men's Ex. Though I cannot read a single word of Japanese I find the magazine quite useful for just the pictures. I keep all the copies in my library.

Is the Rake really going to add that much more to my enjoyment?

I thinking about going for the two year subscription plus all the available back issues. Any chance this magazine may fold and I'm out of my money? [​IMG]

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Rake has a very different perspective than Men's Ex. There is very little crossover yet both are high quality for different reasons. Go for it.

8. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

Still waiting for my first issue from my subscription. I put in payment just over 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Kinda of wierd since Revolution Press is located in BK, New York and I'm in Manhattan.

9. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Still waiting for my first issue from my subscription. I put in payment just over 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Kinda of wierd since Revolution Press is located in BK, New York and I'm in Manhattan.

Have you tried calling them?

10. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

Just did, looks like revolution press cant do anything since the magazine is still based in Singapore.

11. JohnnyO12

JohnnyO12 Well-Known Member

mine took about a month to get.

12. oshinex

oshinex Senior member

Mine is goign on 3 weeks now. I hope to receive it this week.

13. dv3

dv3 Senior member

Mine is just approaching a month (subscribed 11/11), I am hoping to get issue 6...

14. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

recently rec'd two more back issues I ordered several weeks ago-- each one better than the next (article on blue blazers was pretty cool).

Question-- has anyone else bought anything they saw in the rake, or plan to? I liked a pair of thurston braces so much from one of the photo spreads I ordered a set, and have a mind to MAYBE see Tim Everest during a USA visit to talk about that awesome tux he did for the magazine-- if they will split up the cost for me (half up front, half upon completion)

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

FWIW... Just so we can put a face to the name, the gentleman on the right is Wei Koh, founder of The Rake. (The gentleman on the left is Nick Foulkes.) [​IMG] I believe the shirt he is wearing may have made an appearance or at least been mentioned before - in the Charvet article IIRC. I have enjoyed nearly every article I have read in The Rake, and have just signed up for a 2 year subscription.

16. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

FWIW...

Just so we can put a face to the name, the gentleman on the right is Wei Koh, founder of The Rake. (The gentleman on the left is Nick Foulkes.)

[​IMG]

I have enjoyed nearly every article I have read in The Rake, and have just signed up for a 2 year subscription.

Nice jacket, I wonder if it's one of the freebienacci's that he got from doing that article [​IMG]

17. apropos

apropos Senior member

Nice jacket, I wonder if it's one of the freebienacci's that he got from doing that article [​IMG]
    I do not think it (Wei Koh's jacket) is a Rubinacci. Italian, almost certainly; Rubinacci, no. I agree though, nice jacket. [​IMG]

18. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I do not think it is a Rubinacci. Italian, almost certainly; Rubinacci, no.

I agree though, nice jacket. [​IMG]

yes it is from naples i think the same tailor as uppercases coat of the same color

19. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

I called into the Lodger in London yesterday and they said that they haven't received #6 yet as there were issues with postage from Singapore.

Really helpful guys though - they offered to post it to Ireland at cost whenever it arrives.