"The Rake" magazine

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GuidoWongolini, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

I still see the Rubinacci issue here in HK. Anyone wants me to send them a copy, let me know. Say 15 usd shipped?

That would be great! I'd appreciate it very much.

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I bought the last three in my local newsagents and they've all been claimed. With luck, I stand to make oooh a dollar each.

3. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Does anyone have a copy of issue #1 they'd be willing to part with?

4. chobochobo

Let's see how my proxy service works, if all goes well, I may offer it for future issues.

5. why18

why18 Senior member

Preview for your guys to the latest issue. Not sure if it is okay to do this but if there is objection, I will remove the pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. kcc

kcc Senior member

I still see the Rubinacci issue here in HK. Anyone wants me to send them a copy, let me know. Say 15 usd shipped?

PM me

7. Guero

Guero Senior member

PM sent. Thanks.

8. Chips

Chips Senior member

I got lucky getting in on chobochobo's offer. I will ooze gratitude if it arrives intact. Not that I'd ask to be mailed each issue as they come out, but doing the math on his offer that comes out to $90 a year rather than $130. So either way, it's a nice deal.

I will likely put up an offer on B&S for my recent copies of Mens Ex, Leon, etc. They are still in mint condition and I'm sure someone would like to see them.

9. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I don't know if chocobo is breaking even at $15, hopefully, he has done the sums. The magazine cost about 7-8 bucks and airmailing them would cost close to $9-14, not to mention the time and extra cost for some light packaging/ envelope. One courier even quoted me postage of USD23 to send the magazine to US and UK from Asia.

Whatever it is, I think he is doing a great service to SF. [​IMG]

10. chobochobo

LOL, yes I miscalculated. I just sent out 4 copies of the Rake. Airmail/ padded envelope/ magazine - I lost nearly 3.5usd each copy [​IMG] I have one copy left. Any takers for 20usd shipped? Suddenly the 130 usd subscription isnt' looking that bad after all.

By coincidence, I just got my subscription copy of no6 through the post. Looks good and even heavier than the last one. If anyone still wants individual copies rather than a full subscription then I'm still happy to send at 130/6 usd per issue.

11. clausc

clausc Senior member

Thanks for the proxy service. Any chance of getting the issues 1,3 or 4? I'd be willing to pay 30 USD shipped per issue. The other back issues can be ordered from their website.

12. sartort

sartort Senior member

LOL, yes I miscalculated. I just sent out 4 copies of the Rake. Airmail/ padded envelope/ magazine - I lost nearly 3.5usd each copy [​IMG] I have one copy left. Any takers for 20usd shipped? Suddenly the 130 usd subscription isnt' looking that bad after all. By coincidence, I just got my subscription copy of no6 through the post. Looks good and even heavier than the last one. If anyone still wants individual copies rather than a full subscription then I'm still happy to send at 130/6 usd per issue.
    PM sent. And as far as Vol.4 goes, does anyone have a copy for sale?

13. chobochobo

As others have asked, I'll do pre-orders for issue #6 with Diego DellaValle on the cover 22 usd personal payment. PM me if you want a copy. I'll also enquire about previous issues for people.

14. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Diego de la Valle? I guess they run out of interesting artisans after five issues.

How long does the damn thing take to arrive? I ordered a subscription and back issue 2 3 and 4 about three weeks ago.

15. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Canada still ain't in their drop-down list... What do?