• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The pregnancy scare

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys cope, what do you guys do to calm the other one down

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I run.

The relevant part is half-way through.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
How do you guys cope, what do you guys do to calm the other one down
There are test out now that can detect the hormonal change in women even before the missed period, its also available over the counter. Even before you know for sure, be supportive, I don't pretend to know what that must be like for a woman, so I just remain supportive.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I chose to repeatedly tell her that we would handle it together once we knew for sure. Otherwise, about a million thoughts start going through your head and you're reduced to a puddle before you know it. Missed periods, while scary, are not uncommon and it's best to know what you're dealing with before you let emotions get carried away.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I find that women tend to think they're pregnant all the time based on "intuition." Most of the time it just cracks me up and I think my total confidence that they aren't pregnant chills them out (or pisses them off occassionally.) But seriously, when their period isn't even due yet and you didn't have an "accident," why worry? I'm not sure if this is your particular scenario, but I've faced this from most of the women I've been with over the past few years. Especially considering that I'm 39 and most of the women I date are over 30, and at least half of the married women I know have some trouble getting pregnant when they're trying. Now, if you had an accident and have good reason to think she could be pregnant, just be a stand up guy and let her know that you'll be responsible for whatever course you guys are going to take. And find out what the deal is post haste so you aren't worrying over unknown variables.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
my total confidence that they aren't pregnant chills them out (or pisses them off occassionally.)
Exactly this, its more the pissy bit most of the time. I am supportive of course, however they get pissed off because she claims I don't seem to care enough.
smile.gif
In the end its just the girl letting off some steam and you having to take it because you're the man. It gets tiring, gahd

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Use $64 words like "hypermenorrhea" and "obligomenorrhea."
Exactly. Tell the girl that a bunch of dudes on a style forum diagnosed her with oligomenorrhea and for her to just ******* chill.

dervilfal

Reaction score
From a females perspective - be supportive - keep it a fact based discussion - don't let her go off on the 'what ifs' - get her tested ASAP and that will serve you both better.

vanity

Reaction score
I don't date women who aren't pro-choice. This way there's no "scares".

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity

I can just see vanity on his first dates:

"So vanity, what do you look for in women?"

"i like girls who are willing to just get a vaccuum shoved up their vag if I ever knock them up"

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I can just see vanity on his first dates:

"So vanity, what do you look for in women?"

"i like girls who are willing to just get a vaccuum shoved up their vag if I ever knock them up"

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

vanity

Reaction score
I like women who understand money.

$300 to fix this problem now. Or 250k to deal with it over the next 18 years.

At which point it'll probably kill me for being such a jerk dad.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's time we all chipped in to paypal globe that ten thousand to fix this problem now.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Pro-choice means a woman supports the choice of other women regarding whether to get an abortion or carry a child to term. It doesn't say anything about what choice she would make. There are plenty of women who are pro-choice but would never personally get an abortion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads