• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread (Part II - The Search for Jawnz)

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you like garments? Specifically those that are engineered? Then welcome to the...

Possibly official ENGINEERED GARMENTS TRADING THREAD!

Bought a plain navy blue Baker jacket but now you only wear tabliers and dickies?

Trade it!

Bought a leopard print tux jacket but your significant other gave you "the look" as soon as you opened the box (where it has remained to this day)?

Trade it!

Please feel free to post any Engineered Garments item you have tired of for whatever reason, from any EG line (mainline, workaday, intermediates, FWK) including as many details (size, year, condition, etc.) and pics (but don't go crazy, spoilers are our friends) as possible, and what type of item you are looking for in return and where you are located. "Want to Buy" posts are also encouraged.

See an item you like? PM the poster to figure out transaction details, including shipping (i.e. don't clog up this thread)

Traded away an item? Please edit your original post to reflect such (i.e., don't clog up this thread)

Had an awesome trade? Feel free to pay homage to your trading partner right here (i.e. it's okay to clog up this thread).

Unless anyone objects, other Nepenthes brands (or similar EG-adjacent clothing lines) are welcome. Wondering what those are? Start here.

Enjoy!

(by posting in this thread you agree to release all claims against the thread starter (not caused by the thread starter) related to any thread-related EG transaction)

Lendo

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing it back Cotton Dockers.
Might as well get it started.

Workaday Plum Stripe Oxford size Small $80 obo

image-jpg.134170

Approximate measurements:
P2P: 21"
BOC Length: 29"

Woolrich Woolen Mills Daiki era Upland Flannel Size Small - $50 obo
img_3764-jpg.134207

s2s: 17"
p2p: 19.5"
boc length: 27"

s/s 2013 White Pique Popover size Small - $65 obo
fb3ad3e5b03ddfc87f6679d640eec1ae.jpg

kKLwPxg.jpg

s2s: 17"
p2p: 20"
boc length: 27"

Looking for:

• Olive Reverse Sateen Fatigues: Size Med or 32-34 waist
  • Baker Jackets: Herringbone or Navy Size Med
  • Workaday Grey Thermal Hoodie Size Med or Large

Last edited:

zunker

Reaction score
Grey tropical wool Andover in medium. Bought new last summer. Perfect condition.

Sell or trade. Shipping from UK.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling:

EG:
Chambray shop coat (M)
Khaki Fatigues (36)
Banded collar shirt (white/M)

Other:
Garbstore patchwork jacket (L)
Orslow light wash jeans (36)
Yuketen black pebbles chukkas (11.5)
Sunny Sports s/s shirt (white/XL)

eBay link for pics/measurements here.

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying:
-EG Shawl Cardigan Jacket/Robe (Small)
-EG Highland Parka (X-Small)
-EG TF Jacket (Small)
-EG S/S Smock (Small/Medium)
-Visvim, Orslow, Kapital stuff (Size 2)

There was a guy selling a shawl cardigan jacket robe thingy with elbow patches size small in the buy/sell listings, but I forgot his name since the site got remade, and they deleted some messages... anyone recall the dudes name?

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTS> Needles Asymmetric Ghillie Sneake (Off White) Size 8. I just got them in from Grailed. Seller said they would fit a 9, but I'd say they fit more like an 8.5, or a really small 9. Willing to trade for an 8.5 or sell. $200

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also selling EG fatigue pants (chambray) ss17 brand new for 190$ size 30. I can't figure out how to style these so selling them.

wsumarine

Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed to post this one, but it is what it is. I have for sale:

SS17 - HCT Navy Andover size M
SS17 - HCT Olive Baker size M

Both are new, never worn, in perfect condition with 1 caveat. Despite functional cuffs, I stupidly succumbed to the temptation to lengthen the sleeves (approx .75 inch each).

Well it looked stupid of course, all that extra cuff and the buttons too far away from the edge, so I continued down the rabbit hole and added a 5th button to each sleeve -- which doesn't exactly look great.

The new button is non-functional. So, it can easily be removed and a tailor could shorten the sleeves to their original length.

That being said, I know its a risk so I'm offering them at $175 a piece (Navy Andover retail is 408, Olive Baker 385).

Pictures upon request. Contact me with questions. Thanks.

I learned a couple things. Don't try to lengthen sleeves on functional cuffs. Don't let your tailor talk you into lengthening sleeves on functional cuffs. Don't let your tailor talk you into adding a fifth button on sleeves that should have never been lengthend. I need a different tailor.

avantbored

Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed to post this one, but it is what it is. I have for sale:

Both are new, never worn, in perfect condition with 1 caveat. Despite functional cuffs, I stupidly succumbed to the temptation to lengthen the sleeves (approx .75 inch each).

Well it looked stupid of course, all that extra cuff and the buttons too far away from the edge, so I continued down the rabbit hole and added a 5th button to each sleeve -- which doesn't exactly look great.

The new button is non-functional. So, it can easily be removed and a tailor could shorten the sleeves to their original length.

That being said, I know its a risk so I'm offering them at $175 a piece (Navy Andover retail is 408, Olive Baker 385).

Pictures upon request. Contact me with questions. Thanks.

I learned a couple things. Don't try to lengthen sleeves on functional cuffs. Don't let your tailor talk you into lengthening sleeves on functional cuffs. Don't let your tailor talk you into adding a fifth button on sleeves that should have never been lengthend. I need a different tailor.

Ouch -- sorry man. I have the HCT Baker in Navy, and yeah, the sleeves are a little short on me, but I think it ref.'s that first VAN-era Ivy trend in postwar Japan (but not in a TB way).

Best of luck

bradleyK

Reaction score

How tall are you? Because its funny you say that. I am a 6foot, size medium person, but for some reason (wearing it over a baselayer and oxford) I got a large Baker Jacket and I just tried it on only tshirt, and the sleaves are just a hair longer than my medium Loiter.

wsumarine

Reaction score
How tall are you? Because its funny you say that. I am a 6foot, size medium person, but for some reason (wearing it over a baselayer and oxford) I got a large Baker Jacket and I just tried it on only tshirt, and the sleaves are just a hair longer than my medium Loiter.

I'm a little taller, 6'3", but medium build. All my E.G. Gear is medium. My ss17 navy Bedford sleeves are just fine.

I'm going to try larges but they'll probably be too big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads