• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread (Part II - The Search for Jawnz)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1FB841BE-ECC9-4B9D-86E6-7E294D889AC0.jpeg

If anyone else hates having their time wasted, please consider reporting this guy’s items. He labels everything Engineered Garments, and was a total dick when I messaged him about it. Can’t tell you how much time I’ve spent scrolling through his crap listings:

Click ‘Report this Item’ -> Listing practices - Search & Browser Manipulation - Keyword Spam

eBay will force a change if a certain number report.

:cloud:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also:

Who’s got some work to weekend Large or XL sized jackets? (Loiter, Bedford, maybe a fuller-sized Baker).

Looking for something clean, but not exorbitantly expensive. (I’ll be around messy people soon :eh: ). I got dollars and (somehow) new, nice pantaloons in the L/34-36 range *possibly for trade or sale*. I’ve probably mentioned that in the last two or so pages, idk

thx

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Anyone got any cool field vests for sale? Looking for olive or navy or black with a hood. pockets are a plus. L

15E6B5D5-2C8A-4174-9E48-0DCFD1FACBE3.jpeg

I’ve got this navy ripstop in Large that I’d consider selling. I’ve found I’d prefer a vest without the hood.

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
View attachment 1443587

If anyone else hates having their time wasted, please consider reporting this guy’s items. He labels everything Engineered Garments, and was a total dick when I messaged him about it. Can’t tell you how much time I’ve spent scrolling through his crap listings:

Click ‘Report this Item’ -> Listing practices - Search & Browser Manipulation - Keyword Spam

eBay will force a change if a certain number report.

:cloud:
Yeah people do that on Grailed too. Kind of annoying and just clutters the feed with nonsense. One time there was a generic Gap tee labelled as Engineered Garments lol

kittycorraller

Reaction score
Yeah people do that on Grailed too. Kind of annoying and just clutters the feed with nonsense. One time there was a generic Gap tee labelled as Engineered Garments lol
I've noticed a ton of Japanese shops on grailed selling really old and worn eg for premium prices. Super obnoxious. They usually have a lot of stock which just really just overwhelms my feed :/

illiterate

Reaction score
I've noticed a ton of Japanese shops on grailed selling really old and worn eg for premium prices. Super obnoxious. They usually have a lot of stock which just really just overwhelms my feed :/
Oh yeah, the Japanese/Asian sellers on Grailed are something special. Exorbitant prices for really worn out looking shirts. Much better deals and pieces to be found on Y!JP or Rakuten.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Want to buy:

FW14 Reversible Coat / Red Floral (Size S/XS)

SS13 Penn Shirt Jacket / Olive (Size S/XS)

SS14 Explorer Jacket / Olive (Size S/XS)

SS15 Balloon Pant / Navy Kalamkari India Print (Size S/30)

SS16 Aviator, Light Parka, or Shorts / Navy Dolphin Print (Size S/30)

FW17 Aviator Jacket / Olive Hummingbird Jacquard (Size S/XS)

FW18 Pants / Chestnut or Olive 8W Corduroy (Size 30)

SS19 Loiter Jacket / Dark Navy Big Polka Dot Broadcloth (Size XS)

Nepenthes x McKinlays Sherwood Boot / Sand Suede (Size 8)

Last edited:

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Grailed pro tip - you can filter by seller location!

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
There's one on Y!JP but not sure if it's the same one you're looking for: https://zenmarket.jp/en/auction.aspx?itemCode=k262598775

Thanks - I saw those too but I'm looking for the Sand colorway that Nepenthes designed.

Story Time:
Back in 2014 when I was a broke college student and a young man in the art of jawnz, I fell in love with the McKinlays x Nepenthes collab. I would go to GENTRY's website (RIP) every day, often multiple times to look at them. This went on for weeks. I knew I would love them, but they retailed for $370 and this would be the second most expensive article of clothing I ever bought. I couldn't get over that mental blocker.

Then, my size sells out at GENTRY. I start to panic and look at other stores to see if they have my size. Nope. No. Nah.

Crap.

I do what any emotional jawnz enthusiast would do.... I bought them a 1/2 size down and hope my feet don't burst into an enormous, malignant blister that robs me of the ability to walk.

I get them and they're just as gorgeous as I could have hoped. I try them on and it's instantly clear that they're too small (Scrunched toes just means you need to break them in, right? Right?!?). Here, I make the next logical move of an emotional jawnz enthusiast.... I wear them outside a few times hoping my feet will shrink as I do!

They don't.. Fast forward a few weeks later, I raise my white flag and end up selling them to another Styleforum user.

I still wish they would have worked out. Long story short, if you have a pair of the Nepenthes x McKinlays Sherwood Boot in Sand Suede Size 8, make this little boys dream come true and PLEASE sell them to me.

Yours Truly,
Indigololz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads