• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread (Part II - The Search for Jawnz)

illiterate

Reaction score
Speaking of older Nepenthes items and collaborations, what are the chances their NY store still has old/archival stuff for sale that isn't listed online?

I had planned a visit this summer but obviously that's out of the question for the time being.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of older Nepenthes items and collaborations, what are the chances their NY store still has old/archival stuff for sale that isn't listed online?

I had planned a visit this summer but obviously that's out of the question for the time being.
They historically have not kept archival stuff for sale at NNY.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've noticed a ton of Japanese shops on grailed selling really old and worn eg for premium prices. Super obnoxious. They usually have a lot of stock which just really just overwhelms my feed :/
Oh yeah, the Japanese/Asian sellers on Grailed are something special. Exorbitant prices for really worn out looking shirts. Much better deals and pieces to be found on Y!JP or Rakuten.
I think we talked about this here before, but on eBay, those guys are mostly drop shippers. Meaning they’re just re-listing current rakuten ads, hoping someone will buy them for a couple hundred more than they’re listed for over there.

One guy listed a really cool jacket, and was annoyed I kept asking him for the link to the original auction.

Last edited:

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a BNWT EG Chambray Western Shirt. Size Medium.
  • P2P: 23"
  • Shoulder: 19"
  • Sleeve Length: 35.5"
  • Length (BoC): 31.5"
  • Made in USA
Offering Price: $100 shipped within CONUS only. Final Sale.
IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG
IMG_6280.JPG
IMG_6285.JPG

kittycorraller

Reaction score
I think we talked about this here before, but on eBay, those guys are mostly drop shippers. Meaning they’re just re-listing current rakuten ads, hoping someone will buy them for a couple hundred more than they’re listed for over there.

One guy listed a really cool jacket, and was annoyed I kept asking him for the link to the original auction.
I figured something was up with them. I did get burned from one of them once, but I maybe only spent $80 or $90. Still wasn't worth that though.

Thanks.

Komuga

Reaction score
Thanks - I saw those too but I'm looking for the Sand colorway that Nepenthes designed.

Story Time:
Back in 2014 when I was a broke college student and a young man in the art of jawnz, I fell in love with the McKinlays x Nepenthes collab. I would go to GENTRY's website (RIP) every day, often multiple times to look at them. This went on for weeks. I knew I would love them, but they retailed for $370 and this would be the second most expensive article of clothing I ever bought. I couldn't get over that mental blocker.

Then, my size sells out at GENTRY. I start to panic and look at other stores to see if they have my size. Nope. No. Nah.

Crap.

I do what any emotional jawnz enthusiast would do.... I bought them a 1/2 size down and hope my feet don't burst into an enormous, malignant blister that robs me of the ability to walk.

I get them and they're just as gorgeous as I could have hoped. I try them on and it's instantly clear that they're too small (Scrunched toes just means you need to break them in, right? Right?!?). Here, I make the next logical move of an emotional jawnz enthusiast.... I wear them outside a few times hoping my feet will shrink as I do!

They don't.. Fast forward a few weeks later, I raise my white flag and end up selling them to another Styleforum user.

I still wish they would have worked out. Long story short, if you have a pair of the Nepenthes x McKinlays Sherwood Boot in Sand Suede Size 8, make this little boys dream come true and PLEASE sell them to me.

Yours Truly,
Indigololz
I have them in US 8.5-9 equivalent 🥰

Chunsak

Reaction score

Komuga

Reaction score
Looking to buy Bombers/aviator jackets in size Medium or Large. (EG or similar brands)!

Alesha

Reaction score
Have a couple of items I’m looking to sell.
1. Engineered Garments Chester Coat
Size S (true to size). Condition: Brand new, never worn. Price: 310 USD (shipping included)

10132008_57ff6b44e1ca7.jpg

2. Engineered garments FWK DK. NAVY/GREY BIG PLAID Chester Coat
Size: FWK Size 3(L) which totally matches mens S size. Condition: Brand new, never worn. Price: 330 USD (shipping included)
Chester-Coat-Dk--Navy-Grey-Big-Plaid-Melton-20160920200630.jpg

3. Engineered garments Cagoule Shirt Mini Floral Jacquard - Navy
Size: S (slightly oversized fit). Condition: Brand new, never worn. Price: 190 USD (shipping included)
35f7317001fff0faf8e3101ce8a6c3f925564c7d_l.jpg

4. Engineered garments New Bedford JACKET HIGHCOUNT TWILL KHAKI (SS20)
Size: S (true to size). Condition: Brand new, never worn. Price: 220 USD (shipping included)
GH237A-0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Feel free to contact if you need any additional info.

m.ello

Reaction score
Looking to sell my fair isle cardigan jacket
Size M. Worn twice, tags included
Looking for 320 shipped obo
dd905ece556b55ede9d14206ad152af3.png

Also have a FW19 Black Canvas Loiter Jacket size S brand new with tags ($300 obo)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's