• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Playboy Club

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be awful. Anyone else not like Amber Heard at all? (no ****)

Hayling

Reaction score
Yeah, probably going to be a fail. Amber Heard can't act, but she sure is hella hot.

henrikc

Reaction score
I'm putting my money on a fail as well.
The only promising thing about that promo was that they actually had music from a Norwegian band (the one that went like "Beggin', beggin' you, Put your loving hand out baby")

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How can they put this on network TV? Or is NBC's newfound sway over the FCC going to be enough for them to say "screw you" to the haters and and let them do whatever they want in the later time slots.

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
Originally Posted by henrikc
I'm putting my money on a fail as well. The only promising thing about that promo was that they actually had music from a Norwegian band (the one that went like "Beggin', beggin' you, Put your loving hand out baby")
Might be these guys..

henrikc

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's from Madcon, actually. They used to play it on the radio 24/7, and even though the lyrics are the same, the one from the video seems to have a stronger beat. Compare for yourself;

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
Originally Posted by henrikc
I'm pretty sure it's from Madcon, actually. They used to play it on the radio 24/7, and even though the lyrics are the same, the one from the video seems to have a stronger beat. Compare for yourself;
Sounds like you are right....I listened to the open and the voice sounds the same...
smile.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this looks horrible.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, did NBC really greenlight a show that seems to be about a guy who walks around doing a half-assed Don Draper impersonation all day?

Hayling

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
The whole Playboy image and brand has gone downhill and is far from the status that it once was. It's a shame too.

Sad but true.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Wow, did NBC really greenlight a show that seems to be about a guy who walks around doing a half-assed Don Draper impersonation all day?

Originally Posted by Imhoff
The whole Playboy image and brand has gone downhill and is far from the status that it once was. It's a shame too.

I'll probably watch at least the first few shows to see how it goes, but I agree with both of the above statements.

Oh well, with Mad Men not back until probably next April, this will at least feed some of my ongoing need for a fix of early 60's style.

There's also another show, about Pan Am Airlines coming to ABC in the Fall as well that is again very similar and looks like another Mad Men rip-off... http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may...rdess-20110518

Gotta love the TV networks, when something works they are very quick to duplicate
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads