1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

THE PITTILOGUES: ONE MAN'S RAMBLINGS THROUGH THE SEEDY UNDERBELLY OF #MENSWEAR AT PITTI UOMO 85

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Jan 8, 2014.

1. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Stephanie's forearm looks huge and rather manly in this pic

11 people like this.
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@Synthese i am excited to read your PN/P write up when it comes out. Also your write ups are making me miss Florence, i loved it there.

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

Nice to see @benesyed got his restaurant business under way, the medical profession be damned

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    55 people like this.
  4. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

^ i´m dying here, shah [​IMG]

Synth, I wish #pitti lasted weeks so these writings would never ceas, though I´m pretty sure you´d grow tired of it.
    Awesome stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed this last one!!

1 person likes this.
  5. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

These just get better and better. I also want to go to Florence again now..

6. jet

jet Senior member

fuck so much comedy gold, lost it when i read "Wooster is here, mustache reaching for the heavens"

7. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hate to disappoint you, but it'll be mostly me writing about PN/P (although I'm sure @Synthese will explain everything I got stupid in the thread that follows). The idea of the swap was that I would write about my impressions of the SW&D stores while Synth would write up what he thought of the CM spots. I hope to come up with something entertaining though. We (by which I mean Synth) got some great pics at PN/P though. Great store, great owner. I wish we had time to go to the women's store too.

3 people like this.
  8. unbelragazzo

If Greg had joined in we definitely could have emptied that magnum.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Looking forward to your impressions. It might also be interesting for the CM crowd to read Teger's interview with Karo Steel of the now closed Atelier. Some insightful comments regarding traditional tailoring/design/construction.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/360637/...r-s-karlo-steel-part-i-fashion-art-and-design
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/361313/...the-state-of-the-industry-and-looking-forward

1 person likes this.
  10. unbelragazzo

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What do Yuki Matsuda and I have in common?

[​IMG][​IMG]

We both rode the Buttero horsey...

17 people like this.
  12. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

You guys are a cheap date. Stephanie/Huddler got off easy.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Interestingly enough, one of the things that Marco was very curious about was Atelier's closing. He told us he has the exact same model (phone/email orders, very much based on communication - which must be hard in Italian) and wanted to understand why they had gone under. Sadly, this is not my area of expertise. Although, I'm not sure what my area of expertise is. Based on the fact that it's 2:30 AM and I'm leaving for the airport in three hours, I would say "bars."

1 person likes this.
  14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I know nothing about Huddler, but I would have to say that Stephanie is 1) pretty awesome 2) very intelligent 3) seems to be quite good at her job, and 4) really likes Nine Inch Nails. I can't think of anything to complain about.

3 people like this.
  15. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Damn Synth, I wish your Pitti reporting could go on forever, though I'm sure that would reduce you to a wizened husk begging for sweet release from the endless garish pocketsquares and immaculate moustaches.

Seriously though you write some awesome stuff, be it about bearded men in ponchos, drunken swedes, or simply just brands that need to get more love on this forum of ours. Looking forward to the interviews and more in-depth stuff. Would love to see you covering various fashun weeks or runway shows, preferably drunk and/or on mescaline.

1 person likes this.
  16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Great work mate, really enjoyed the write-ups.

Safe trip back.

1 person likes this.
  17. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I can't imagine a way to make this thread better. Synth provides the perfect lens for us to gaze into the terrifying maelstrom of pitti. I think this rambling, informal coverage is the perfect prelude to more formal brand writeups - definitely better than the deluge of random pictures we've received in years past. I also like the balance between clothes talk and other debauchery. And what clothes talk there is here highlights brands that are virtually unknown (cape guys, seagreen), whereas past coverage has focused on forum favorites and rising stars. A+++ :slayer:

8 people like this.
  18. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, great thread, really looking forward to the specific brand stuff.

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I wish that I could take more credit for this. The most that I can say is that my directives are sufficiently broad and my general attitude sufficiently laissez faire that this could be the most excellent result. I'm looking forward to the brand coverage as well (seafoam?)

And yes, Steph is most excellent.

Cheers,

Fok.

3 people like this.
  20. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Officially requesting to have Synth sent to Paris / Milan menswear shows, Capsule, Bread & Butter, etc.

23 people like this.