• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pini Parma Thread

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen this brand mentioned in a few other threads - mostly S&M and Suit Supply conversations that mention PP as a competitor.

To me they come across as slightly up market from those brands, a bit more classic and refined than SS and perhaps aiming a little higher than S&M quality wise. I've heard their jacket lengths run short, which hurts tall guys like myself.

Just placed my first order on a whim (shirt + pants). Will update with my thoughts when they arrive.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Have two pairs of trousers and two shirts from them. Fair quality, I would say at the same level as S&M with some more interesting details. The shirts are on the wider side yet the trousers are more on the slim side.

soto_nw

Reaction score
I have suits and trousers from PP. Suits are very nice, cut a bit more full than either Suit Supply or S&M, but still tailored. My biggest knock on their suits (and this would likely be the same for jackets) is that they are bit short, but they are perhaps my best suits, they have a beautiful lapel roll and drape nicely.

And I love their trouser. @Peking_Gent do you really feel their trouser are slim? All the PP trousers I have in size 34 US (size 50 EU) fit me a bit looser than my Suit Supply size 34 US (have not tried S&M trousers yet). Most, but not all of my PP trousers are from the Sorgana collection. In fact, I'd say my PP fit me between a Suit Supply size 34 US and size 36 US.

Unfortunately, they did raise prices recently (though that means on their more expensive items, or on larger orders, they no longer charge import duties , or delivery, to the US).

Their price is higher than S&M, but I think still competitive with Suit Supply in terms of trousers. I think a PP trouser is $10-15 more than a pleated Suit Supply trouser AND both trousers are more expensive than S&M.

S&M has them all beat on shirts, but I think PP is worth the extra money on the suits (though they are a steal whenever they hit the end of season sale).

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
I ordered PP Soragna and Limited Edition flannel trousers for the first time this season. The two pairs of Soragna pants I received fit somewhat differently despite being the same size and fabrication – one is looser than the other so keep in mind that there may be some inter-item variability. I don't find the Soragna trousers to be slim though they taper considerably. On the contrary, I was surprised at how generously cut they are in the waist and had to use the side tabs to get a good fit. The LE pair in the same size is decidedly slimmer, though the listed measurements are essentially the same, but is quite embellished (with the box pleats and the bifurcated button closure).

Some QC issues are evident aside from the size variability. On one pair I received, the outer buttons at the waist are set a bit too far out such that the fabric underlying the placket cinches when the pant is closed. It's not dramatic but it's there.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered PP Soragna and Limited Edition flannel trousers for the first time this season. The two pairs of Soragna pants I received fit somewhat differently despite being the same size and fabrication – one is looser than the other so keep in mind that there may be some inter-item variability. I don't find the Soragna trousers to be slim though they taper considerably. On the contrary, I was surprised at how generously cut they are in the waist and had to use the side tabs to get a good fit. The LE pair in the same size is decidedly slimmer, though the listed measurements are essentially the same, but is quite embellished (with the box pleats and the bifurcated button closure).

Some QC issues are evident aside from the size variability. On one pair I received, the outer buttons at the waist are set a bit too far out such that the fabric underlying the placket cinches when the pant is closed. It's not dramatic but it's there.

Interesting. Can you take a pic of the inner tags? Curious as to who makes their tailored clothing.

Unsubscr1ber

Reaction score
Interesting. Can you take a pic of the inner tags? Curious as to who makes their tailored clothing.

Sure. The first four are Soragna, the last two Limited Edition. What can you discern from this?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 435
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 854
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 899

soto_nw

Reaction score

That's very interesting, and not issues I've found with mine, but very good to keep in mind.

I have a pair of their LE trousers from summer (with box pleat), and I suppose they do fit a bit slimmer (though still more generous than Suit Supply in the waist and leg). I will say that their chinos do seem to run a bit larger, not enough to size down (at least for me), but they do seem to have more room.

I plan on buying a pair of the taupe flannel trousers, grey flannel trousers, and maybe burgundy.

To be honest the weight of the flannel worries me a little, since they're all between 9-10 oz. How do they seem to be draping and are they holding the crease alright?

soto_nw

Reaction score
@Subscribed Got you. Yeah, see, that's the part that concerns me. But right now I am not aware of many options for flannel trousers that are at least 11 oz.

I think Suit Supply uses 11 oz, S&M hasn't released their flannel trousers for the season (with side adjusters), Natalino seems to have some good options (but I haven't tried them and a bit nervous about sizing), I ordered a pair of The Rake's new 12 oz trousers, but besides that I can't think of more options.

A shame that they didn't go with heavier flannel options, was really hoping they would this season.

BXpress

Reaction score
I have two of their Popover shirts. One in blue Flannel and one in red Linen. Just wish it wasn't a Cutaway collar but otherwise very nice stuff. Yes their waist is a bit too wide but nothing that your next door alterations tailor couldn't fix.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
I have suits and trousers from PP. Suits are very nice, cut a bit more full than either Suit Supply or S&M, but still tailored. My biggest knock on their suits (and this would likely be the same for jackets) is that they are bit short, but they are perhaps my best suits, they have a beautiful lapel roll and drape nicely.

And I love their trouser. @Peking_Gent do you really feel their trouser are slim? All the PP trousers I have in size 34 US (size 50 EU) fit me a bit looser than my Suit Supply size 34 US (have not tried S&M trousers yet). Most, but not all of my PP trousers are from the Sorgana collection. In fact, I'd say my PP fit me between a Suit Supply size 34 US and size 36 US.

Unfortunately, they did raise prices recently (though that means on their more expensive items, or on larger orders, they no longer charge import duties , or delivery, to the US).

Their price is higher than S&M, but I think still competitive with Suit Supply in terms of trousers. I think a PP trouser is $10-15 more than a pleated Suit Supply trouser AND both trousers are more expensive than S&M.

S&M has them all beat on shirts, but I think PP is worth the extra money on the suits (though they are a steal whenever they hit the end of season sale).

I wear a size 36 of S&M trousers but I need a size 38 for PP trousers. I think it's just that I have bigger thighs.

soto_nw

Reaction score
I wear a size 36 of S&M trousers but I need a size 38 for PP trousers. I think it's just that I have bigger thighs.

That's a good reference point. And that's a 38 US (EU 54)?

Planning on buying my first pair of S&M trousers (brown corduroy) and since they claim to be "true to size with no vanity sizing" I have been wondering whether I need to move up to a 36 US. For reference I'm a 34 US Suit Supply and 50 EU (size 34 US) from Pini Parma.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
That's a good reference point. And that's a 38 US (EU 54)?

Planning on buying my first pair of S&M trousers (brown corduroy) and since they claim to be "true to size with no vanity sizing" I have been wondering whether I need to move up to a 36 US. For reference I'm a 34 US Suit Supply and 50 EU (size 34 US) from Pini Parma.

Yes, it's all US sizing. I think the S&M size chart really gives you a great idea of how their stuff fit. You really should refer to the size chart and compare it to the measurement of your own garments.

soto_nw

Reaction score
Yes, it's all US sizing. I think the S&M size chart really gives you a great idea of how their stuff fit. You really should refer to the size chart and compare it to the measurement of your own garments.

I did and based on the sizing chart S&M seems like they fit smaller across all measurements (except the thigh) compared to Pini Parma in the same size. Would you say that S&M fits the tighter across the waste than PP?

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
I did and based on the sizing chart S&M seems like they fit smaller across all measurements (except the thigh) compared to Pini Parma in the same size. Would you say that S&M fits the tighter across the waste than PP?

PP trousers for me were too tight in the thigh. PP trousers are definitely cut slimmer than SM from the thigh down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads