• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Pill - Impact on Female Preferences

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's such a thing as "pill goggles." Consider these the first cousin to beer goggles"”if you're taking the birth-control pill, ladies, your taste in men may take a turn. That's because birth control pills affect women's hormone levels and to whom they are attracted. In one study, researcher Tony Little showed women different images of men and asked them to make their picks. Results show that women on birth control pills tended to choose men with more pronounced masculine features than those who weren't on the Pill. The downside here? These manly traits are linked to high testosterone levels, aggressive behavior, and even higher divorce rates. So if you're on the Pill, don't turn a blind eye to those red flags... your contraception could cloud your judgment and lead you to fall for a less-than-wonderful guy.
Is that news to you? The question here, for any expert or woman who is very self-aware, is as follows: Do low-dose birth control pills affect the preferences less than the traditional pills?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
Is that news to you? The question here, for any expert or woman who is very self-aware, is as follows: Do low-dose birth control pills affect the preferences less than the traditional pills?

Want to provide attribution to that quote?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ridiculous. I don't know where to begin, so I just won't.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear. And when I do, it's usually something special.

Brian SD

Reaction score
It doesn't really surprise me, because the hormones that the pill is basically an OD on cause women to be more attracted to masculine, aggressive features. I watched a documentary on it (therefore I know everything), and it demonstrated that women are more attracted to certain features depending on the time of the month. So it doesn't surprise me, but I think the end result is so miniscule a change that it really wouldn't effect anyone. No where near the same as beer goggles.

Doc Martin

Reaction score
The reason for this is thought to be deeply rooted in our evolution.

When breeding, having MHC complexes (immune system jargon) that are greatly different from each other tends to give the offspring a larger immune "arsenal" and is associated with increased survival. This is why women are usually attracted to males with different MHC complexes. When women become pregnant or simulated pregnant (ie. birthcontrol), they prefer men with similar MHC complexes.

This is thought to arise from the fact that way back in caveman days, cavewomen would mate with cavemen from different tribes (different MHC complexes) and then the caveman would split to go hunting/gathering/looking for more cavewomen. The pregnant cavewoman would then return to her tribe (with similar MHC complexes) who took care of her while she was pregnant and help rear the offspring.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes.

I remember reading about this on caveforum, years back.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Ah yes.

I remember reading about this on caveforum, years back.

mack, you just became my favorite SF member.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • cr2596

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 9 14.8%