the perfect, unadorned grey crewneck sweatshirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wmmk, Dec 25, 2008.

1. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Shite, Chrono, I wasn't being for super serial about couches. I really like couches! (but only leather ones that are soft enough to not fuck up my smoking jackets with ashtrays for my pipes that also come with Help to shine to multiple pairs of ostritch-skin loafers).

In my own defense, though, the only [admittedly very mediocre] fit I've posted was mostly for the purpose of asking how my new jawns fit.

I didn't mean to insinuate that there was any completely perfect sweatshirt out there, but rather that there might be one that comes close to fitting my purpose perfectly.

Anyway, I tried on the UO sweatshirt today and it was actually pretty nice. If none of the Chicago UO's have a grey one in small, I think I'll just order one online.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

No worries. I just really like couches. Especially the ones big enough to fit me and a girl horizontally.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

4. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

FYI to anyone looking for the subject of this thread

The Fink 'warmup sweater' from UO is probably the best alternative to the BR repro. Bought one today, the fit is right and the details are decent for 38$. Not just that but UO has a plethora of coupons making it even cheaper.

5. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Dude, crewneck sweatshirts are ubiquitous. I picked one up at old navy a couple years ago for like $5. Fitted, very soft cotton. I meant to use it as a beater but it's so nice I wear it as casual daywear.

6. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

FYI to anyone looking for the subject of this thread

The Fink 'warmup sweater' from UO is probably the best alternative to the BR repro. Bought one today, the fit is right and the details are decent for 38$. Not just that but UO has a plethora of coupons making it even cheaper.

Word, I ended up buying it. I wish it were a little slimmer, but it fits fine in the shoulders and arm length is ok. I'l probably get it tailored at some point. Anyway, the fact that it has loop backing (rather than fleece) is nice. Don't have to worry about it pilling in the wash that way.

Anyway, where are said UO coupons? I could use them on a pair of sperry's...

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

google- "urban outfitters coupon code"

if you sign up for their mailing list you get 10% off your first purchase, but they have better ones. IIRC there was one for free shipping on shoes/boots I think.

robbie

8. coopster

coopster Senior member

9. JoeK

JoeK New Member

If you tell me the size and colour I can order it off the internet and then ship it on to you.

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Barneys coop brand has a good one this season:

[​IMG]

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I tried on a great Alternative Apparel sweathirt this afternoon.

They run a tad big, I grabbed what I thought was a small and it turns out it was a XS. Still very comfy and great for cooler spring/summer weather. 38$ at Urban Outfitters, which means about half that in 2 months.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

this isnt unadorned but i rock my schools crewneck champions sweatshirt and love it.

i also have a grey one from polo that i picked up from the outlet for like 25 or 20 and it has the polo symbol and it fits great

13. zubin

zubin Senior member

would it be possible to tailor a buzz rickson lw? I know its a tube body construction and that might make it difficult

what do you guys think?

14. London

London Senior member

I've had the buzz rickson for months. It's perfect

15. pruppert

pruppert Senior member

I wouldn't consider tailoring it. A large part of the appeal is in the effort put into construction and detailing. Chances are any tailoring wouldn't match the original quality. As far as tailoring the tube body, of course it's possible, and I can't imagine it being that much more difficult, but it would just be a shame to ruin something so great about the original.