1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

the perfect, unadorned grey crewneck sweatshirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wmmk, Dec 25, 2008.

1. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

2. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

3. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

that thing has incredibly short arms

4. ysb

ysb Senior member

If Gilt ever does a PRPS sale again they sometimes sell a great grey crewneck sweatshirt for 38$

5. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

This is a lot harder than I thought. I was going to get a friend to pickup some Uniqlo sweatshirts but going by Uniqlo.jp measurements, the sleeves are abnormally short. Can anyone confirm Uniqlo NY has the same sleeve measurements, or are they cut longer?

http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/support/s...5778_size.html

6. pokpok

pokpok Senior member

I'm gonna resurrect this thread 'cause I just went to J. Crew and all the grey sweatshirts sucked. They had a waffle texture to the outside which is unwanted. Anybody have any good suggestions?
    the jcrew sunfaded sweatshirt is pretty spot on imo. [​IMG]

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

8. everybodynobody

everybodynobody Senior member

Thrift stores! My favorite sweatshirt, actually a hooded one, is a Jerzees brand I've owned since 1994 or so (I was in junior high school). Its been washed God knows how many times and feels so soft. No pilling and fits nicer than the bulky, contemporary sweatshirts sold by Gap, ON, athletic brands and the like.

9. jet

jet Senior member

Need someone proxy me a loopwheeler.

10. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

The Studio D'Artisan one is probably my favorite from online photos, but would obviously need to head by BiG and try that stuff on. [​IMG]

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Thanks! I was trying to figure out if mine was tagged incorrectly. My size medium pit to pit is 23.5" while I was expecting it to be more like 21.5" based on previous seasons.

I like mine to fit on the slimmer side. I usually wear a size small. Should I go with X-Small?

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Where is the best place online to find Buzz Rickson?

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I like mine to fit on the slimmer side. I usually wear a size small. Should I go with X-Small?

I'd try and get measurements, no idea how the new ones fit. For the sweatshirt I bought, it was 22.5" p2p for a size small while medium was 23.5", wish I had known before purchasing.

14. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Where is the best place online to find Buzz Rickson?

Rakuten is your best bet.

BR sweats are awesome - but for warmer weather, their sister brand Cheswick's sweaters are also very good (9oz, instead of the 12 oz on BRs), and a bit cheaper as well (around $65 to $100 full retail as opposed to the $80 to $110 for BRs).

Love the SDA sweats too [​IMG] But their sizing is inconsistent from year to year...

15. Basic

Basic Active Member

Blackbird just came out with one. It looks pretty nice and for $55 it is definitively affordable. Speak up if anyone bought it!

[​IMG]

Link

16. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

I'm an irrational Made-In-US fetishist, and the Blackbird model is, I think, made in China - or, at least, one of the pictures of the thing on the website reveals a "Made In China" tag. Not that I'd expect anything less than legit from Blackbird, but.

What about the American Apparel version? Sleazebag CEO aside, the t-shirts and basics have always been pretty decent, although maybe not enough to justify their pricetag. They have a sweatshirt that runs like 35 USD, and they're already all about hipster-slim fit.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

18. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I'm an irrational Made-In-US fetishist, and the Blackbird model is, I think, made in China - or, at least, one of the pictures of the thing on the website reveals a "Made In China" tag. Not that I'd expect anything less than legit from Blackbird, but.

What about the American Apparel version? Sleazebag CEO aside, the t-shirts and basics have always been pretty decent, although maybe not enough to justify their pricetag. They have a sweatshirt that runs like 35 USD, and they're already all about hipster-slim fit.

i would go with aa over blackbird.

blackbird's a piece of shit

19. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Bumping an old thread, but thought people might find this useful: Today is the last day of Land's End 30% off sale. They have a pretty nice gray crewneck sweater for basically $29 w/ free shipping and free returns to a local Sears. I just ordered this one: http://www.landsend.com/pp/CottonDri...0&origin=index Seems like a good price, especially since we're in fall now and everything I've seen is $60+. Anyone know how it compares to the JCrew sweaters? I'll report back when I receive it.

20. ma1

ma1 Senior member

Fil Melange--slightly adorned w/ chest pocket.

[​IMG]

this looks like they ripped off w+h