1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

the perfect, unadorned grey crewneck sweatshirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wmmk, Dec 25, 2008.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

^ You could look into some of the sweatshirts at BiG. They carry several, including SDA and Samurai, and I think the sizing is not as wonky as Buzz Rickson.

2. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

for the cheap, get someone to proxy the uniqlo one to you.

its pretty perfect and comes in all sizes.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

rag & bone had a nice one for f/w 07, what size are you? I never wear mine

4. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Hmm, I'm deciding between that Urban Outfitters one, a used Michael J. Krell, and a used Rag & Bone right now. Decisions, decisions. What do you guys think would be good? I'm assuming that either R&B or MJK would be the best quality...

FWIW, I don't mind stuff that's short in the body (I like tops that hit at mid-belt), as long as the arms are long enough.

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

the nike outlet had a table full of grey sweatshirts that i thought were nice for $20

6. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

this item, I assume would be the perfect thing to wear while watching the perfect movie on your couch and eating the perfect bag of doritos?

7. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

this item, I assume would be the perfect thing to wear while watching the perfect movie on your couch and eating the perfect bag of doritos?

While making the perfect reply to make yourself sound like a perfect douche bag.

8. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I don't eat Doritos. And I tend to dislike couches.

Anyway, I'm trying to add some Ivy League/trad inspiration to my streetwear look, and I was thinking that tartan plaid buttondowns worn under a plain grey crewneck sweatshirt (in place of a fine-gague sweater) would sort of give off that very Ivy-esque vibe.

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Is there a reason you would rather have a sweatshirt than a sweater?

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

sweaters are for dorky people. sweatshirts are for red blooded, steak and potato eating hard working americans

1 person likes this.
  11. jet

jet Senior member

[​IMG] @ this thread and everything in it

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Yeah, I guess this thread did end up being kind of funny. Anyway, to PG2G, I have quite a few sweaters, all of which I wear a lot, but the buttondown+sweatshirt combination is just very Ivy League.

13. ~Stangzorized~

~Stangzorized~ Senior member

I have one from Hickey that they sold earlier this year. Absolutely love it.

14. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

While making the perfect reply to make yourself sound like a perfect douche bag.

haha I knew I crossed the line but posted anyways to see what the reaction was. I'm going to move my douchebag ass along now... good luck with your search OP

15. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

I want one too but you all fail so far.

16. kstanl

kstanl Senior member

Z Zegna on sale has good ones

17. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

sweaters are for dorky people. sweatshirts are for red blooded, steak and potato eating hard working americans
    Who nerd out about them on a fashion forum?

18. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

I have one from Hickey that they sold earlier this year. Absolutely love it.

Did it have the clorox stains?

19. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

Target had some with the V stitching, but no smalls, so I didn't try on one. I'm pretty sure it was merona (house line), which usually has well fitting things. Not sure what the fabric was either, but it felt nice.

20. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Ok, here's what annoys me.

NiCo released a grey scoopneck sweater with a really soft wool/cash fabric and a great slim fit, really a rare find for a sweater. But then they proceeded to rip pre-fab tears into the thing and market it as "deconstructed." I mean, it's kind of cool, but they were so close to making this wonderful and uber-wearable piece. Ugh.