• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Perfect Polo (Question Mark)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Okay, I think I may have found the perfect polo.

Where I found it is unbelievable.

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=387890042

Very slim fitting. Contrast stitching. Long placket for a retro feel. Front pocket which I like. Cotton pique.

Of course the material ain't so hot and the construction is poor, but what do you expect for:

$10 a pop!

I'm Montecristo#4 and I endorse this product.

good call, I just picked up TWO polos for $15 in the boys section. Thanks to the proliferation of fat kids in America, an XL youth size fits me PERFECTLY. The shoulders are just right, body is slim, no logos, simple 2 button design available in about 4 or 5 colors.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
good call, I just picked up TWO polos for $15 in the boys section. Thanks to the proliferation of fat kids in America, an XL youth size fits me PERFECTLY. The shoulders are just right, body is slim, no logos, simple 2 button design available in about 4 or 5 colors.

Thank God for fat children!

I think I'm actually going to head to Old Navy this weekend just to check these out. Crazy! I have no problem entering Old Navy, but I don't think I've ever made a trip with Old Navy as the actual intended destination.

Rani

Reaction score
Belive it or not I have found Ben Sherman (of all brands) to have great fitting polos. Mine fits great and has held up much better then my RL polo (which has had some crinkling in the collar over time).

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
have you tried this on? from the pics, the arms look too long and the body looks too long.. but the picture can be of an XXL for all i know.. are these slim fitting at all?

Not only did I try it on, I bought two of them ($20, nice).

I am a size L in American Apparel for hings like hoodies and tees, M if I want a really tight fit. A size medium at Old Navy in these polos fits me sort of in between an AA large and an AA medium.

The fit is totally different than almost any other Old Navy piece of clothing I tried on (it was my first ever visit to Old Navy, checking out their western shirts that someone on this board pointed out). In everything else at Old Navy a small was large on me. I bought a short sleeved western shirt in S and I'm hoping it shrinks.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rani
Belive it or not I have found Ben Sherman (of all brands) to have great fitting polos. Mine fits great and has held up much better then my RL polo (which has had some crinkling in the collar over time).

I agree, I have quite a few from their "vintage" line from years ago that are still well colored and shaped despite numerous washings.

gza

Reaction score
I bought several polos from Scoop - PDC, Velvetmen, and Joie. The PDC is pique, and the other two are jersey. They're all lightweight, soft, and cut a bit generously, but I haven't worn and washed them enough to evaluate their durability.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Grapist
The answer is simple, although they're unforunately available only during the fall: Polo by Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Multiplayer Polo. Excellent fit, and Pima cotton.
My name is westside and I endorse this message.
They're not the best ever but the price is unbeatable, and they are made from mercerized pima cotton. The only downside is that they're a bit too thin, so they're really too airy for anything but spring/summer. Wait till these are on sale for $37.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Thank God for fat children!

I think I'm actually going to head to Old Navy this weekend just to check these out. Crazy! I have no problem entering Old Navy, but I don't think I've ever made a trip with Old Navy as the actual intended destination.

old navy polos are actually pretty cool. bought a bunch last year for work. however, they don't last too long and the color fades very, very quickly even if you wash in cold water.

now i'm a big fan of uniqlo polos. super well made, inexpensive and the color stays bright.

derekndominos

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a fit similiar to an Express polo? An Express small fits me real well and is pretty cheap, but I'm really not a big fan of their logo they put on the front. Also, does anyone know how well they last?

cmrocks

Reaction score
Does anyone know how American Apparel polos fit compared to say RL custom fit and Lacoste retro fit? I eventually want to pick up some better quality polos, most likely RL custom but for now, I just want to get a few basic polos for the summer. I was thinking that AA would be perfect because they are cheap and I love the fit of everything else I've tried on from them.

moosy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Okay, I think I may have found the perfect polo.

Where I found it is unbelievable.

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=387890042

Very slim fitting. Contrast stitching. Long placket for a retro feel. Front pocket which I like. Cotton pique.

Of course the material ain't so hot and the construction is poor, but what do you expect for:

$10 a pop!

I'm Montecristo#4 and I endorse this product.

I went today to Old Navy and got several polos from the boy's section - perfect fit. The quality seems standard, but at $7.50 each it's not a bad deal.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The much-maligned Armani Exchange makes some polos that meet the criteria, except for high quality. Currently, several are on sale.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Bought a blue polo with white, blue and green horizontal stripes at Old Navy yesterday off the clearance rack for $3.97.

Looks great and fit perfectly - size L.

Here's a link - not the same color I got. It does seem to be fairly slim fit. I think all of the Old Navy vintage cut is slim fit.

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...339&pid=384635

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads