1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Perfect Polo (Question Mark)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, May 30, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

They had some of the generi-t-shirt lines like Rogues Gallery and Trunk on sale. I didn't really get a chance to look. I was in a hurry.

2. Flame

Flame Senior member

John Smedley Polos are still my favorite by far. Nice sea island cotton, hardly ever shrink or fades.

3. ikileo

ikileo Member

How about Fred Perry polos...those are nice...

the BEAMS X Fred Perry polo designs are wild...too bad available only in japan. Was tempted to buy one when i was there

4. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

How about Fred Perry polos...those are nice... the BEAMS X Fred Perry polo designs are wild...too bad available only in japan. Was tempted to buy one when i was there
    Whoa! BEAMS x Fred Perry? Know of any pics floating about? I'm pretty sure the standard Loopwheeler polos are BEAMS x LW. *EDIT*: Flame, is your John Smedley really that nice? The price is just kind of mind-blowing to me. Like, $100 more than what I payed for a Trovata.

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

Lets put it this way, a Smedley Sea Island change retain its shape and color after a normal machine wash and dryer on medium-high setting.

6. polystyrene-man

polystyrene-man Member

loopwheeler makes polo's [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

do you have any pics of these polos or anymore info on them, the website isn't really helpful

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Okay, I think I may have found the perfect polo.

Where I found it is unbelievable.

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=387890042

Very slim fitting. Contrast stitching. Long placket for a retro feel. Front pocket which I like. Cotton pique.

Of course the material ain't so hot and the construction is poor, but what do you expect for:

$10 a pop!

I'm Montecristo#4 and I endorse this product.

8. ikileo

ikileo Member

Whoa! BEAMS x Fred Perry? Know of any pics floating about? I'm pretty sure the standard Loopwheeler polos are BEAMS x LW.

Been hunting around the web for them pics, but sorry mate. If only i can upload the image from my memory. The collars, sleeves, main portion of the shirt, edges, rims were of a different colour. Nice, bright and catchy.

9. Dangydang

Dangydang Senior member

Has anyone tried JCrew's slim fit polos? They're only available online or through mail order.

10. briancl

briancl Senior member

Very slim fitting. Contrast stitching. Long placket for a retro feel. Front pocket which I like. Cotton pique.

Of course the material ain't so hot and the construction is poor, but what do you expect for:

$10 a pop!

have you tried this on? from the pics, the arms look too long and the body looks too long.. but the picture can be of an XXL for all i know.. are these slim fitting at all?

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

$10 a pop!

good call, I just picked up TWO polos for $15 in the boys section. Thanks to the proliferation of fat kids in America, an XL youth size fits me PERFECTLY. The shoulders are just right, body is slim, no logos, simple 2 button design available in about 4 or 5 colors.

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

good call, I just picked up TWO polos for $15 in the boys section. Thanks to the proliferation of fat kids in America, an XL youth size fits me PERFECTLY. The shoulders are just right, body is slim, no logos, simple 2 button design available in about 4 or 5 colors.

Thank God for fat children!

I think I'm actually going to head to Old Navy this weekend just to check these out. Crazy! I have no problem entering Old Navy, but I don't think I've ever made a trip with Old Navy as the actual intended destination.

13. Rani

Rani Active Member

Belive it or not I have found Ben Sherman (of all brands) to have great fitting polos. Mine fits great and has held up much better then my RL polo (which has had some crinkling in the collar over time).

14. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

have you tried this on? from the pics, the arms look too long and the body looks too long.. but the picture can be of an XXL for all i know.. are these slim fitting at all?

Not only did I try it on, I bought two of them ($20, nice).

I am a size L in American Apparel for hings like hoodies and tees, M if I want a really tight fit. A size medium at Old Navy in these polos fits me sort of in between an AA large and an AA medium.

The fit is totally different than almost any other Old Navy piece of clothing I tried on (it was my first ever visit to Old Navy, checking out their western shirts that someone on this board pointed out). In everything else at Old Navy a small was large on me. I bought a short sleeved western shirt in S and I'm hoping it shrinks.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Belive it or not I have found Ben Sherman (of all brands) to have great fitting polos. Mine fits great and has held up much better then my RL polo (which has had some crinkling in the collar over time).

I agree, I have quite a few from their "vintage" line from years ago that are still well colored and shaped despite numerous washings.

16. gza

gza Senior member

I bought several polos from Scoop - PDC, Velvetmen, and Joie. The PDC is pique, and the other two are jersey. They're all lightweight, soft, and cut a bit generously, but I haven't worn and washed them enough to evaluate their durability.

17. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

The answer is simple, although they're unforunately available only during the fall: Polo by Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Multiplayer Polo. Excellent fit, and Pima cotton.
    My name is westside and I endorse this message.
    They're not the best ever but the price is unbeatable, and they are made from mercerized pima cotton. The only downside is that they're a bit too thin, so they're really too airy for anything but spring/summer. Wait till these are on sale for $37.

18. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Aren't purple label really long as they are meant to be tucked in?

Yes they are. Originally they were rather short and meant to be worn out, but then they decided to go 180 degrees the other way.

Jon.

20. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

Thank God for fat children!

I think I'm actually going to head to Old Navy this weekend just to check these out. Crazy! I have no problem entering Old Navy, but I don't think I've ever made a trip with Old Navy as the actual intended destination.

old navy polos are actually pretty cool. bought a bunch last year for work. however, they don't last too long and the color fades very, very quickly even if you wash in cold water.

now i'm a big fan of uniqlo polos. super well made, inexpensive and the color stays bright.