• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Perfect Pants....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can hardly believe it! I was only mildly looking for a pair of dark blue casual slacks to replace a pair at the stage where they keep dethreading at the bottoms (I know - in the new edition of the preppy handbook the author advocates pants with ripped bottoms, at least for casual, but I'll only take so much).

At this point I usually start The Big Search: hard-to-find 29 length, not-always-easy-to-find cuffs (often not so in style), hopefully reduced price..... There, staring at me, was in Macy's the very first pair I saw in the blue slacks area - a 34/29 with cuffs! Turned out to be reduced, too (though not labeled as such). I didn't even have to travel to the store - I was already there.

One of the 29s that's not too long, one of the 34 waists that's not too tight, and with no nuisance extra button that goes with the common tab to the left of the fly (button often becomes hard to keep on), no pocket division which is a nuisance when dishing out change quickly.

Good blue, great fit, good feel, and the cotton look and feel yet a blend with polyester so, assumably, they're less likely to tear on the cuffs than the all-cotton types (Brooks Bros. on down).
worship.gif
smile.gif

Not made in China, either. Anyway, hurray for Docker's!

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen.

nelly

Reaction score
Why were you in a Macy's? ... in Ohio?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nelly
Why were you in a Macy's? ... in Ohio?

laugh.gif
I literally said that out loud as I read.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29 length pants? Why don't you just hem longer length pants?

Wait, what are you doing in Macy's?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I also had to double check this post wasn't from the "True Religion with Oxfords" guy.

Did I miss something? Is this the official week of the troll?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VelvetGreen
Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm with this guy. I have never seen a "good" pair of Dockers.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I'm with this guy. I have never seen a "good" pair of Dockers.

hate to say this, but I tried on a pair of the new dockers slim fits...I think theyre called the D0? for chinos, they fit really really well. Im about 90% sure im gonna go back and pick up a pair for the weekends. I had to swallow my pride to try them on because i put them in the same catagory as kenneth cole shoes. but ill be damned if they dont fit really well.
spam[1].gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
An enterprising Style Forvm Affiliate should use this as their marketing slogan.

- B

yes.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's this schtick about "Macy's in Ohio?" We have many Macy's in this state. In our local case they were usually "Kaufmann's and before that May Company. The Macy's I've seen here pale compared to the NYC flagship - very uninteresting.

nelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
What's this schtick about "Macy's in Ohio?" We have many Macy's in this state. In our local case they were usually "Kaufmann's and before that May Company. The Macy's I've seen here pale compared to the NYC flagship - very uninteresting.

Macy's NYC flagship is a tourist pit that's really only good for the Christmas window displays. Bergdorf Goodman Men's or Madison Ave from 60's-70's is the way to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads