1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

the Perfect Navy Blazer, ~42R

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by The_Foxx, May 12, 2006.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

wow...if this jacket were a little shorter, it would be mine. i really think this would be money well spent, has to be perfect in anyone's book (even has plain buttons INSTEAD OF the "trad brass/ metal"). double vents. ready to have functional buttons affixed. wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-2695-Polo-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

2. saint

saint Distinguished Member

If it was a little longer, it'd be mine! Exactly what I'm looking for but unfortunately not a long.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You guys would really pay $700 for this blazer? [​IMG]

4. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I wouldn't. It significantly exceeds my eBay limit, which is around 10% retail. People can screw up measurements and you can't feel the fabric. For $250? Yes, this would be fantastic. But for $700, I'd be more likely to go MTM.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

$700 is a touch steep for ebay (though not for a brick and mortar discounter), but that's a solid jacket.

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

I guess i was looking more at the opening bid; a pretty good deal for $600 in my book. I pay around $700 for really great brioni jackets, even paid as much as $750 once-- but not likely to pay that much again.

however....i'm willing to bet if it doesn't sell at that pricepoint, keep an eye on it-- price usually drops over time.

7. horton

horton Senior Member

I bought an identical jacket from Joe's: RLPL super 150s. (I didn't see if this was super 150) I'd do it again too. The jacket is great! (Keep in mind you'll probably need to add another 80-100 for tailoring, especially if you're getting working button holes) If you want a great, versatile blazer, I'd recommend buying it.

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

You guys would really pay $700 for this blazer? [​IMG]

I am in agreement with you. I'd rather go the Barbera/Borrelli route through Lance for that kind of money on a blazer.

9. Soph

Soph Distinguished Member

I am in agreement with you. I'd rather go the Barbera/Borrelli route through Lance for that kind of money on a blazer.

---I'd agree. I haven't been that impressed with RLPL/st. andrews-whoever it is now. And their ties suckwind and for money they charge it should be a crime.[​IMG]
    You buy this at $200 then its a deal.

10. saint

saint Distinguished Member

I've only bought one sport coat from Ebay and it was an original Abercrombie and Fitch cashmere from 40 (?) years ago. But, yes, I'd pay that for a blazer that is exactly what I want off of Ebay. I've had very good luck with St. Andrews. On the other hand, I've had horrible luck with Ebay, most items are not as advertised, so I'd probably need some sort of guaranty to pay that much.