• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the perfect blue blazer

jjgold

Reaction score
So I am thinking of having my guy make me the perfect blue blazer. I figured a wool silk blend in a super 110 or 120 for durability. I wanted something I could wear biz casual but slap with khakis or something. Then I started to think...what the hell would be the perfect blue blazer? So I hold it out to you.

Tell me what would be your perfect blue blazer? What pockets to have? Ticket Pocket? Buttons? Etc.

I'm kinda fishing for ideas.

Thanks

scar3face

Reaction score
I'd still like to hear suggestions of what everyone thinks the perfect blazer is however.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a two button, medium gorge, two vent jacket. Ticket pocket? Meh, nothing wrong with it, but it's personal choice.

I don't care for patch pockets but there is nothing wrong with it.

If you want it to be versatile, as you say, I would avoid any avant garde features like a single sleeve button (never liked that either). Here's an idea... How about peak lapels? I've always liked the look of them on a blazer.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to find a never ending supply of banknotes in one of the pockets, that'd be my perfect blazer.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The perfect blazer is one that you specify and like

jjgold

Reaction score
I know it is all personal choice and blah blah, But I am trying to look past my imagination. See I recognize there are things I know I don't know. But there are things I don't know I don't know. I am looking for some recommendations since what some of you may like, I may like as well.

But, I don't know I don't like...OH MAN I BURNING OUT ON THE LOGIC OF THIS FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are two I want right now
First is a half-lined hopsack darted 3/2, natural shoulder with the most breathable hopsack I can find. Open patch pockets for the bottom 2.
Second is a cotton 2:1 double breasted/1.5 breasted, open peak lapel with white MOP buttons and flap patch pockets.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have four perfect blazers:

1. Belvest blue cashmere with a barely discernable herrigbone. Three buttons,
size vents. Very luxurious

2. Isaia Blue gabardine(?) cheaper line, gold buttons lighter weight. Three buttons
side vents. Excellent travel garment- hardly creases

3.Young-Robbins now defunct New York bespoke and higher end store Blue hopsack
2 real gold plate buttons. Although nearly 20 years old , a very classical cut with natural
shoulders and side vents. Still fits.

4. My oldest- doesn't fit. I refuse to part with it. Ordered from Chipp I (Winston Tailors) 20+ years ago.
My requirement was that I should be able to sit in a plane for six hours and go immedeiately
to a meeting with no sign that the garment had been treated this way. The result, a jacket in blue
of a very heavy dense cloth, I'd guess Super 20s Two buttons ,side vents ,a nip-waisted Ivy jacket.

Last edited:

sns23

Reaction score
two button, side vents, peak lapels, ticket pocket, flap pockets, horn buttons, textured material, surgeon's cuffs,

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads