• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pay-it-Forward Thread

jmeb

Reaction score
In the spirit of generosity StyleForum members have shown with their wisdom, charm, and goods, and in celebrations of the new year, welcome to Pay-it-Forward.

Got an item you want see put to good use? Need to make room to for a new purchase? Don't have a sartorially inclined friend locally to gift it to? Want to support others addictions? Post your items here.

Ground Rules
1. All clothing items, accessories etc posted in this thread are FREE.
1.5. No you cannot: trade, sell, beg, steal, lie, or cheat here.
2. Those offering the items may request to be compensated for shipping charges. Please don't abuse the privilege. We'll will publicly harangue you if we find out. And as stylish folk we all know public shaming is the ultimate price.
3. Include photos. Enough said. Measurements too.
4. All items should be considered first come first serve. But those offering can put whatever restrictions they like on the items (Lower 48 only, Latvia only, Perviously offered something, etc)
5. Update your posts when an item is gone.
6. All those participating will be smiled on by the thrifting gods in the future.

As a recovering nomad I do not have much to start it with, but here goes....

The following INCLUDE shipping within the lower 48.

36R Lanvin Chocolate Suede Blazer.
Measurements:
Pit-to-Pit: 19.5"
Waist: 18"
Shoulders: 16"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 25"
Length (from bottom of collar): 29"

PBM Cord Blazer from State College, PA. 40-42ish. Get your academia on. Basic, semi-structured should. Pretty darn classic and heavy.
P2P: 21.75
Waist: 20.5
Shoulders: 18
Length: 31

All wool, woven in Scotland green/navy plaid tie. From Hessing's in Chicago, IL. On the wider side.

Enjoy!

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I would love that 36R Lanvin.

Cheers,

Ac

jmeb

Reaction score
One person in front of you. You can negotiate @nope nope .

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread.

For future reference, is a PM the way to communicate, as opposed to posting?

Cheers,

Ac

jmeb

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread.

For future reference, is a PM the way to communicate, as opposed to posting?

Cheers,

Ac
I imagine there will be a mix of both. I prefer posting in the thread but others may prefer PMs.

Also, if you want, as a consolation prize I have a worn once very very slim "Medium" from Hugo Boss shirt that can be all yours. A soft red plaid/check dress shirt. Cutaway collar, 34/35 sleeves. Simply too small for my slim 38R body.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine there will be a mix of both. I prefer posting in the thread but others may prefer PMs.

Also, if you want, as a consolation prize I have a worn once very very slim "Medium" from Hugo Boss shift that can be all yours. A soft red plaid dress shirt. Cutaway collar, 34/35 sleeves. Simply too small for my slim 38R body.

Many thanks, but I'll pass on the shirt and give someone else a chance. I've done a lot of shirt buying lately; by chance three more just arrived via DHL about an hour ago,

Again, great thread, and admirable civic spirit!

Cheers,

Ac

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads