• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Oxford-Shoe-Worn-Casually Appreciation Thread

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
I find Cara Delevigne to look like an anorexic pit viper with the body of an 11 year old boy.

But then again, this is all a matter of taste.
Maybe show us your photo? First you do „review” of „handwelted” oxfords, now you judge appearance of other people (in a very rude manner)… Maybe next time before posting, consider if you really have anything interesting to say.

By the way it’s quite interesting that some people here find wearing oxfords without suit inappropriate, yet they they find nothing inappropriate in their comments on other people and women in particular. Makes me wonder if these elite private schools teach the right things.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the shoes - I wonder if anyone can find serious issues with these? I'm doing my best to find the most #menswear pics possible, so you can all focus on the topic instead of on me.

AW14.JPG
YA17.JPG yellow-tweed-jacket-and-grey-flannel-trousers-467x700.jpg

Here, I even added your favourite freaking old guy:

blazer-dress-shirt-dress-pants-large-75135.jpg

As a quick exercise, consider the following photo (trigger warning: you'll have to use that part of the brain associated with imagination):

odd-tweed.tr.jpg

Would it really be so bad for that image to finished off by a blazer, sports jacket, or knit top? Must it necessarily end in a matching tweed coat of precisely the same shade? Or can we possibly imagine other scenarios wherein it might be different without sacrificing the elusive 'coherentiness' of the outfit?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the shoes - I wonder if anyone can find serious issues with these? I'm doing my best to find the most #menswear pics possible, so you can all focus on the topic instead of on me.

View attachment 1687524
View attachment 1687526 View attachment 1687525

Here, I even added your favourite freaking old guy:

View attachment 1687527

As a quick exercise, consider the following photo (trigger warning: you'll have to use that part of the brain associated with imagination):

View attachment 1687528

Would it really be so bad for that image to finished off by a blazer, sports jacket, or knit top? Must it necessarily end in a matching tweed coat of precisely the same shade?

I think these pictures all look great.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was one way to make this thread (or this forum) even more stupid, it was to add people's opinions about the attractiveness of women. Can we stop this?

Well someone brought up discussions of Viscounties and then someone else labeled her a pit viper 11 year old boy. And I'm the asshole? OK.

Stylewords

Reaction score
I think Cara would still be attractive even wearing oxfords with her peg the patriarchy outfit.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree that this is good.

But is there anyone (literally...anyone?!) still arguing against oxfords with tailored trousers and a sport coat (with or without tie)?

Yes. DWW and Co have repeatedly supported the idea that oxfords should only be worn with suits.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh... what? I can pull up at least half a dozen posts by that guy saying those very words.

Yes, but he's also noted (many times) that he's ok with more casual oxfords being worn with tailored trousers and sport coats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads