• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Oxford-Shoe-Worn-Casually Appreciation Thread

DapperPhilly

Reaction score
Honestly, no. :rotflmao:
They're not as uncommon as you think..
fullsizeoutput_bf7.jpeg
Image 11-16-21 at 8.24 AM.jpg
Image 11-16-21 at 8.25 AM.jpg
;)

winghus

Reaction score
Next up: Country dressing in the country: It's easy to wear tweed in the city these days. Wear flannel trousers, a tweed jacket and knit tie in the country these days and the people who live there will think you're an asshole. Unless you're shooting at a Scottish estate or something much like it.
As long as your tweed and flannel are in Realtree patterns you're OK.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see someone post pictures of walnut oxfords (preferably strands) used appropriately according to this thread. What suit and color would they actually go with?

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see someone post pictures of walnut oxfords (preferably strands) used appropriately according to this thread. What suit and color would they actually go with?
I don’t have any pictures of the combo handy but I’d lean toward very light colored more casual suits on the warmer end of the color spectrum if it were me. Light gray, tan, very light brown, maybe seersucker. Some patterns like POW or houndstooth or a more textured fabric. Probably more in summer weights if it were me. Walnut strands wouldn’t be my first choice but I could see them working with something like these although I’d still probably grab a pair of loafers or a different color.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any pictures of the combo handy but I’d lean toward very light colored more casual suits on the warmer end of the color spectrum if it were me. Light gray, tan, very light brown, maybe seersucker. Some patterns like POW or houndstooth or a more textured fabric. Probably more in summer weights if it were me. Walnut strands wouldn’t be my first choice but I could see them working with something like these although I’d still probably grab a pair of loafers or a different color.

Come on Man, stop loafing around and show us the Oxfords 🙂

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 10.3%