• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Overcoat Thread

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice looking overcoats on the B&S right now

(not my listings and no prices listed but maybe worth a check)

botzzz

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any coats done in (or mills which make) herringbone pattern ultrawide (4cm or greater)? I only know of the recent Wythe coat, which is a custom herringbone. Haven't been able to find anything that wide from any MTO/bespoke maker that I've contacted. Everything is 0.5-1.5 inches max.
the permanent style coat also has a big herringbone (just from the images i think the fabric seems more interesting) but there's still some in stock

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Massimo Piombo and/or have any thoughts on this coat?
Like most double-breasted Italian coats the gore seems low,
which means that one might need an extra large scarf in
really cold weather, which they don't have much of in Italy.
In contrast, see the offerings from O'Connells which might
reflect their Buffalo NY location:

Last edited:

abkain

Reaction score
Like most double-breasted Italian coats the gore seems low, which means that
one might need an extra large scarf in really cold weather, which they don't
have much of in Italy. In contrast, see the offerings from O'Connells which
might reflect their Buffalo NY location:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I was thinking the coat would probably not be ideal in really cold weather. Seems like kind of a basic design overall so nothing I am getting too excited over. Appreciate the links.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Massimo Piombo and/or have any thoughts on this coat?
No experience with MP. I have a navy DB overcoat that I rarely wear, mostly because I find the design to be too formal. That said, I assume MP is a much more casual silhouette. If it's easy returns, prob can't hurt to try.

abkain

Reaction score
No experience with MP. I have a navy DB overcoat that I rarely wear, mostly because I find the design to be too formal. That said, I assume MP is a much more casual silhouette. If it's easy returns, prob can't hurt to try.
Thanks for the insight. It caught my attention because it’s on sale for 40% off (and final sale). The formality will definitely limit the use for me (a more casual cloth would probably work better). Alternatively, was thinking of having a long pea coat/bridge coat with more casual details made up bespoke. Will marinate on it!

abkain

Reaction score
I don't like double-breasted coats with notch lapels. But that's just me.
Good point. I think I can go either way but agree that the peak lapels look more appropriate on a db.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Hey. I am currently looking for a coat. I love some of the styles posted in this thread, especially longer overcoats (knee long or longer) with lots of fabric, broad shoulders and a loose yet still masculine look.
Something like this is really amazing, but there are other amazing coats as well. T
tumblr_a1fd140ad42bbb0e8a4a30d2e32934e8_118941f5_540.jpg

Where can I get something like this coat? It does not necessarily need to be this exact fabric (especially if it is fur)or color. Camel navy or off white would also be amazing. I do not want to buy fur due to animal cruelty and the marriage issues me wearing fur would cause.

thatboyo

Reaction score
^Are there any specific features you’d want? Coat has notch lapels and raglan shoulders which isn’t easy to find RTW. RLPL has one that says it’s sold out but i think it was posted online recently so not sure if it’s actually sold out or just not at warehouse yet

size up to get same fit as pic

BB_Adept

Reaction score
No, there are no specific features I desire. It is more about the overall look. Thanks for the link but "a little" over my budget.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members