• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Overcoat Thread

Automated Response

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a RTW topcoat at that weight.
The navy cashmere and wool blend Sid Mashburn Tailored Traveler Trench from this FW - held over from last year, actually - is/was 14oz.

I only know because I happen to agree with Despos, and had much difficulty in hunting down a RTW lighter weight bal. The suiting cloth KS Travelers that NMWA released this winter are another good option.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too keen on those stripes but coat looks great on you, especially the cut.
I’ve also commissioned a solid black lapel for a more subtle look.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you mean skimpy but it is a 20oz topcoat so the weight is correct. It buttons comfortably so it is not skimpy in that regard.

Last edited:

kylepw

Reaction score
Or sure how you mean skimpy but it is a 20oz topcoat so the weight is correct. It buttons comfortably so it is not skimpy in that regard.
If it were an overcoat, yeah, I'd say too fitted (that what was meant by "skimpy" perhaps?). But it's a tailored topcoat. Could it have more room and length? Sure. But as is, it looks impeccably cut, no tugging, perfect sleeve length. Aside from the stripes (sorry, had to throw that in there again, lol), it works, IMHO.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this on the gram this morning. THIS is what a raglan overcoat should look like.
Absolutely !! Where is it from? I wish I had a reason to get one one. However, I
am in CA and haven't traveled to colder climes since Covid.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igac