• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ovadia & Sons Thread

dibango

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans Cater
I think it is all awesome, but my interest is in the shirt in this picture.

Where can I get something similar?

Or can I get it on their online store?

How much does it cost?

And what fabric is it made of of?

Why not ask them? http://ovadiaandsons.tumblr.com/

Reaction score
Awesome label, though I would love to touch and feel it. I just can't rationalize spending much more than a hundred bucks on a shirt with my meagre salary. One day........

dibango

Reaction score
Cargo swag

IMG_2385__75002_zoom.JPG

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The new SS12 line looks really good. The fit is a little too shrunken for me, but the styling is pretty swell. A few pics from the Sartorially Inclined blog which has more images. Love the saddles.

JakeLA

Reaction score
Figured the two-inch cuff/no sock look would be over by now, but I guess if you have your models wear socks and normal-sized cuffs then the fanboys won't fap to the pics.

nbernie

Reaction score
from what I hear the pants are going from $215 to $345. If this is true, **** O&S.

nbernie

Reaction score

Where did you get this info? Looks like some are actually going on sale.

So here's what's funny: those pants were $215 until about 4 weeks ago. Then they arbitrarily just added $50 and now they are "on sale" for about $15 less than what they were available for all spring.

As to winter flannels, I confirmed with O&S that they are $365.

They have definitely lost my business.

lostinspace

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully bought and obtained an item from them? I have had great difficulty communicating with the staff and it is discouraging.

nbernie

Reaction score
Yeah, I've bought pants from them. They are outrageously priced but I've communicated extensively with them with no problem. Are you using [email protected]? I've never had a problem on that front.

Getzione

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with their ties?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is from the FW 11 lookbook of Ovadia & Sons:

More

The sensation around Ovadia I don't understand: it's a tightly edited Polo collection with a slightly modernized cut -- shorter coats, narrower trousers -- and some of the wider lapels that look fresh after the 60s revival cycle. So nu?

The difference this fall is the styling. Their last look book was an anonymous model in a studio, a Polo-esqe rich boy.

Ali, the model here, is the proprietor of his own styling/branding agency. He's not shaped like a runway model but he's a grown man, handsome and charismatic. Has an LA music industry background. Did production work on THE CHRONIC.

Through him, and the photography of Justin Chung, Oviadia breaks out of the bell jar of the Poloverse and into the world of urban prep, like a more tailored version of what you might get at Brooklyn Circus.

It's a neat bit of repositioning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads