• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line

rutabaga

Reaction score
I picked up my second pair of sand suedes (same deal as you). I'm going to dub them and use them as my work boots, along with my iron rangers.

Would love to see pics and details on that.

baxter0

Reaction score
Sold out. Has anyone seen the service boot in a wide size? The chippewa site says it comes in wide but i can't find anybody that sells it.

seer

Reaction score
Sold out. Has anyone seen the service boot in a wide size? The chippewa site says it comes in wide but i can't find anybody that sells it.

Where I found them on line I never saw wide sizes offered. I am usually a 10E so I just got 10.5 D and they are fine. I hope that helps.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score

If you want it in cordovan colour, ll bean carries EE sizing. The boots are slightly different, as they have no chippewa stamp on the side(i think this is a plus), and round laces, also they're cheaper at 210$.
http://m.llbean.com/llbean/product.html#78205

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the Service or Homestead boots in the UK in UK size 12 (US 12.5 I think?)

I have never seen a online UK store sell them. You could just have them shipped over, and I think you got the sizing correct.

Spong

Reaction score

I have never seen a online UK store sell them. You could just have them shipped over, and I think you got the sizing correct.

Good to know about the sizing, thanks. Sadly most places I've seen them in the US won't sell internationally. I saw Schott's store will but they don't have 12.5, perhaps I could get away with the US 12 but the shipping pretty much doubles the price - if I did that I might as well get some Wolverines, Red Wings or even Oak Street Bootmakers or something, all of which appear to be more readily available over here, oddly enough.

seer

Reaction score
Good to know about the sizing, thanks. Sadly most places I've seen them in the US won't sell internationally. I saw Schott's store will but they don't have 12.5, perhaps I could get away with the US 12 but the shipping pretty much doubles the price - if I did that I might as well get some Wolverines, Red Wings or even Oak Street Bootmakers or something, all of which appear to be more readily available over here, oddly enough.

Have you check with any of these in the link below? Click on "International"

http://www.chippewaboots.com/retailers/

isabayo

Reaction score
I ordered both the current LL Bean Katahdin (Cordovan) and the J Crew Service Boot (Chippewa Brown) in size 9.5 just so I can compare side by side. The J Crew boots are slightly more sleek and less work boot like than the Katahdins. The toe box on the JC boot is not as large and the heel is also a bit more narrow. The LLBean boot appears to be based off of the GQ Apache while the the JC boot appears to be based of the heritage line service boot. The leather on the JC boot feels like a higher quality leather as well. Overall, though more expensive, I like the JC boot more. I am wondering though, what differences there are between the JC boot and the regular heritage line service boot other than the hooks because the non JC version is a little cheaper and has a 360 welt.

Spong

Reaction score

Have you check with any of these in the link below? Click on "International"

http://www.chippewaboots.com/retailers/

Yeah I checked out the UK stockist: The Butler Company. They just have what looks like a placeholder site with an email address, no web store or anything. I've emailed but not heard back from yet.

Edit: If a 12.5 isn't available would it be better to size down to a 12 or up to a 13? I've had some shoes in UK 11.5 before, which would be US 12, I've also heard Chippewas can be on the roomy side?

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA . . . J. Crew sand suede and black service are now down to half off ($130). Code is "EXTRA50".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads