• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Oil Cleanse Method

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried doing this?

Use oils to clean the face, helps prevent breakouts too.

You use Castor Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixed together. More CO for oily skin or more EVOO for dry skin. Rub it into your face, wipe it off with a damp towel. Soak a towel in hot water, put it on your face until it cools, repeat.

There are also other oils that can be used, but the two I mentioned were most common. From what I've been reading, it's supposed to be very effect and people swear by it.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
godamnit use cetaphil you greasy bastard.

honestly i've tried it, it works and it moisturizes your skin at the same time.. but it leaves your skin feeling oily unless you blast it in the shower.

And don't mix it yourself for ***** sake.. I use D.H.C oil cleanser

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not mix it yourself? I've bought the Castor Oil, it's labeled as a laxative.

Did you try it the way I mentioned or just the DHC oil cleanser?

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just the DHC, idk I'm skeptical of mixing it myself.

Id rather have a company that is experienced in skincare do it for me.

But go ahead and let me know how it works out.

MinnMD

Reaction score
Once a week, I apply a mix (4 parts olive oil: 4 parts jojoba oil: 1 or 2 parts castor oil) to my face right after shaving. Then shower. At end of shower, rinse face with water. Wash face with usual cleanser. Rinse. Blot dry.

Basically, the oil-cleanse mixture is on my face for a few minutes and then washed off. It cleans the pores and moisturizes.

MinnMD

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cleansing%20beauty%20oil.jpg

lefty

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone else chime in who isn't a spammer?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Can someone else chime in who isn't a spammer?

I've started trying it in last week, but lacking in consistency in doing it. I've subbed almond oil for olive oil.. After a hot shower I'll take a bit of ice and witch hazel to my face to 'close' pores, but honestly I'm not 100% on how that step is effective.

Would like to hear more on this topic too.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've also read to use witch hazel after using the oil and steaming the skin. I haven't started it yet, waiting until I can get some cold pressed castor oil instead of the laxative kind.

fi$h$cale

Reaction score
I use concealer once in a while if I got a pimple, but y'all remind of Patrick from American Pshycho..
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt_im
Oil on your face to prevent breakouts... Really???

The explanation is that most cleaning products dry out the skin which ends up causing more oil production, which leads to breaking out. Castor oil is used to clean the skin without getting rid of the skin's own oils.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've used the OCM a few years ago, it was great, but I eventually stopped. It is just way too time consuming and messy.

Also, don't use the drugstore castor oil. Use the cold pressed kind from the health store. It takes a lot more effort removing the oil from your face than just patting it with a wet towel. Be prepared for 10 minutes of rinsing with hot water at least.

Still, made my face look and feel great.

elywaldoya

Reaction score
Hi,
I have heard of this oil cleansing for your face. it consists of Olive oil and Castor oil, and its supposed to be really effective for cleaning your face. Does this really work? anyone ever used this method and can vouch for it?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elywaldoya
Hi,
I have heard of this oil cleansing for your face. it consists of Olive oil and Castor oil, and its supposed to be really effective for cleaning your face. Does this really work? anyone ever used this method and can vouch for it?

Did you just learn how to read after you hit reply?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've started Day #1. I tried it once last week but didn't feel comfortable applying something that was labeled a laxative to my face. Will be doing this once daily and will update now that I have the Cold Pressed Castor Oil. Using in combo with Jojoba instead of EVOO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads